Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1475219 times)

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4500 on: April 29, 2024, 09:25:36 pm »
Hello, great game guys. I see it made with a lot of love.
Crashes before a mission, error: unknown race

I'm on n7.0.4 on running Android. I guess update N8 fixes this?When updating to v.N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis, do I need to edit save file?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 11:20:28 pm by minimen »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: April 30, 2024, 12:40:43 pm »
Here in 0.99N8, shadowbat bootypedia page says it uses 2x missile slots and 2x shatow tech, while it actually has n. 1 lt/dv, n. 1 heawy weapon, n. 1 misisle and n. 1 shadowtech. Maybe a quickfix patch might deal with it?

As for upgrades, since the M-versions of the game it has been entroduced the ?captain who? in order to allow a more custom game experience, but it happens in the very early game, so if you're upgtading from an old save you will miss it,  but actually during the game if you do something - i don't know if it a random event or not - you will get a "nihilist captain" event window and soon after the one regarding the captain who test. So the related window l pop up anyway in geoscape or there is something specific player has to to to triger it in case it never happened? The time is jan 2602, every such month it will happen?

Edit: attached an updated saved game, (source L2 development branch here) so i researched airtruck but cannot buy it, but im able to manufacture it, since it apears in the production screen (no screen sorry)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 03:02:53 pm by ontherun »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4502 on: April 30, 2024, 04:08:24 pm »
Here in 0.99N8, shadowbat bootypedia page says it uses 2x missile slots and 2x shatow tech, while it actually has n. 1 lt/dv, n. 1 heawy weapon, n. 1 misisle and n. 1 shadowtech. Maybe a quickfix patch might deal with it?

Your screenshots show Snake, not Shadowbat. Snake indeed is armed like you describe.

As for upgrades, since the M-versions of the game it has been entroduced the ?captain who? in order to allow a more custom game experience, but it happens in the very early game, so if you're upgtading from an old save you will miss it,  but actually during the game if you do something - i don't know if it a random event or not - you will get a "nihilist captain" event window and soon after the one regarding the captain who test. So the related window l pop up anyway in geoscape or there is something specific player has to to to triger it in case it never happened? The time is jan 2602, every such month it will happen?

This event always appears randomly if you don't have idea: faith

Edit: attached an updated saved game, (source L2 development branch here) so i researched airtruck but cannot buy it, but im able to manufacture it, since it apears in the production screen (no screen sorry)

Working as intended, it's a manufacturable craft.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: April 30, 2024, 04:26:23 pm »
Your screenshots show Snake, not Shadowbat. Snake indeed is armed like you describe.

I found kinda stange the airvan and aircar are purchasable while airtruck not, so i thought it was a bug, but sorry for the snake/shadobat...

ok so how does it work with older saves where ideas and personality test were not present at all?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4504 on: April 30, 2024, 04:54:53 pm »
You should get the choices next month after updating. There can be some irregularities, but the overall system should work.

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: April 30, 2024, 11:02:58 pm »
The latest official released version is 7.12

I did not release 7.12.5, use at own risk.
There is no apk build for android.

Meridian's answer is above.
I can't launch Xpiratez. Error: "This mod requires OXCE v7.12.5 to run correctly". Currently is installed Extended-7.12-2510727-2024-02-24-android.apk
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:04:56 pm by minimen »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: May 01, 2024, 07:19:59 pm »
You should get the choices next month after updating. There can be some irregularities, but the overall system should work.

ok i tried my previous save some posts ago and it seems to work and so the rank system but the biggest problem is the latter: i got into jan 2602 and was promoted to brigand, the month before i already unlocked hinter killers, while as of now it is locked behind "pirate air force" which in turn is locked behind an higer rank  (cannot remember what it is).

so with the saves prior the inroduction of ranks it feels like cheating, but then i guess for the "loyal" player there is no chance but to start a new game..