aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 318896 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #960 on: October 17, 2023, 06:07:19 pm »
is there plans for a cowboy paperdoll set for the girls? I'd like to theme my girls so I can have a cowgirl, a pirate, etc. I'm using the base Pirate uniform for now

I suggested some time ago something linda simula, "gunslinger", see here, maybe It8ght be room for It id there's enough consent...?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 18, 2023, 11:13:03 pm »
is there plans for a cowboy paperdoll set for the girls? I'd like to theme my girls so I can have a cowgirl, a pirate, etc. I'm using the base Pirate uniform for now
if there's art assets for it then it'd probably be pretty easy to make a COWBOY outfit as a variant of PIRATE/ROGUE/BLACKHAT. you could take the stats and so on from the melee-focused Pirate outfit, just swap Melee for Firing.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 21, 2023, 07:19:07 pm »
if there's art assets for it then it'd probably be pretty easy to make a COWBOY outfit as a variant of PIRATE/ROGUE/BLACKHAT. you could take the stats and so on from the melee-focused Pirate outfit, just swap Melee for Firing.

Well, actually that could be achieved by modifying the main pirate outfit, maybe adding a couple of bandolier on the chest and an holster around the belt. Maybe the new eventual outfit ight be named "gunsmoke" after the 1985's capcom game...

Also, would be nice to see a "kustom gauss gun", like hunting laser, that gals might be ale to manufacture after ha in researched "unlocking Gauss weapons" topic. Plasma have there bootleg versione instead, but would be nice if these night become a little easier to unlock...

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 26, 2023, 08:54:34 pm »
I never go Little Bird. It takes a lot of research and the earliest you can have it is march. It seems like a lot of wasted effort for a craft that lets you do so little. Very small range. The only things you can shoot down are courier, other helicopters and if you are super lucky a plane. But those things are chance based. You might end up doing all that effort and not even use it.
So, i was thinking, what would be good enough as a reward early on to pursue Little bird, and I came up with one answer to that question. A "Fan".The only way to get that item which is needed for Large quarters is doing a "Help lock'nar" mission involving ninjas. But those became quite rare thanks to all Nar'locks equivalents. So, what if we made a "Fan" to be a guarantied drop in downed courier mission? This and guarantied courier in April would be enough for me to rush Little Bird, because Large quarters is a critical component of your starting base.
What do you think?

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 26, 2023, 09:26:18 pm »
I never go Little Bird. It takes a lot of research and the earliest you can have it is march. It seems like a lot of wasted effort for a craft that lets you do so little. Very small range. The only things you can shoot down are courier, other helicopters and if you are super lucky a plane. But those things are chance based. You might end up doing all that effort and not even use it.
Already discussed earlier. It's main purpose is to take down Roving Bands.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 28, 2023, 10:34:27 am »
Some more ideas:

1) there is kinda a gap between the choppers (little, big and war bird),the old ww2 alike planes (buckaroo, incinerator, daredevil), and the hellerium fueled craft; for the sakeofprogression would be nice to ahve 2/3 craft from the late XX cent/ early XXI; maybe the vanilla xcom interceptor might be picked up or planes for games of the early 90' like TFX or F-29 retalitator. Sonic vessels that might be even able to take down a runabout or a cutter  ???

2) factions share nealry all the same models of craft, exept for the megapol, bandits, raider and marsec that seems to have unique and exlcusive crafts, pheraphs every single faction/subfaction might have its own exclusive vessels? Church is the only in that sense that have the shirne ship (exclusive). Don't know whether it would even worth the hassle but might be very nice change for an eventual juicy update  :P :P

3) please might the triton get another door on the opposite side where the only one is now? If somebody would throw a powerful explosive on the opening side that would be quite a mess!  :P
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 05:16:28 pm by ontherun »

Offline Pherdnut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 01, 2023, 04:40:58 am »
Peekaboo Tactics Reduction

Too many missions start with just having to pop in and out of the lander to take opportunity shots to thin the cloud of enemies out before you can get to the interesting part, where you're clearing a map with tactical thought toward how to do it with minimal losses.

Two Suggestions:

* Reduced chance of reaction fire with every shot - it sucks to turn a corner with like 25% of TUs used and get shot 8 times because the guy had a blackmarch pistol. Not a huge nerf, just something to make it super unlikely anybody is going to unload an entire 6-round clip/chamber on one enemy's action.

* Maybe a little more minimum tiles per map. I think about 75% of my tactical fights involve finding good cover. And then popping in and out of it to shoot and hide for most of the entire battle before things thin out enough to actually start moving forward, at which point 95% of the fight is over. It gets really repetitive. I definitely don't miss hunting down that last Gillman on a cruise ship in TFTD for 200+ turns but X-Piratez feels like the opposite extreme sometimes, where it's insane to wait out the first turn without killing as much as possible first.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 03, 2023, 08:50:40 pm »
A nice non-key mission involvin chemichal weapoons usege only would  also add another piece of variety. That would be a middle game mission (but note a bounty one) since manufacturing such weapons requires a refinery. Ah, the good ol' chemichal warfare...

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 13, 2023, 06:09:21 am »
I believe there's a serious issue with missile strikes right now, although it's not about the missiles themselves. Let's say a missile wipes out a Storage or a Crew Quarters, to repair damage you have to redistribute people or resources to other bases and then bring them back. It's just a pain. However, I still think the phrase 'Suffering awaits' implies a different kind of suffering. So, how about do not reduce the capacity of the destroyed Storage or Crew Quarters, but introduce other negative effects instead? For instance, decrease the working space or add negative events. In short, incorporate enough drawbacks so that players would be motivated to restore these buildings as soon as possible.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 13, 2023, 04:11:29 pm »
I haven't played XPZ, but here's a general note. By definition of the OXCE feature, missile strikes destroy facilities or more aptly, replace them with 'rubble' (another facility which can be defined on facility-per-facility basis). If desired, every facility could be defined to form a different kind of 'rubble'. I suppose in theory it would be possible to only destroy, say, a half of the facilities by creating a pre-redefined 'half-facilities'. I doubt very much there is interest to create such facility-specific 'rubble meta-facilities' however. So I'd rather suggest arguing for recalibrating the missile strikes.

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 13, 2023, 04:59:05 pm »
They are in game already

Offline Pherdnut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 14, 2023, 12:45:35 am »
Sniping Rifle's one snap per turn makes it of questionable utility. Better to snipe with grenades until Reapers or Lasguns show up. Gals get strong fast.

I suspect this will fall on deaf ears but I'm a lot uncomfortable with the Back to School topic's art for reasons that should be obvious.

Edit: For anybody who feels the same, user/mods/Piratez/resources/Pedia is where it's at. You can delete and copy/rename one of the others in its place. File name starts with X.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 01:06:53 am by Pherdnut »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 14, 2023, 01:21:51 am »
A purely cosmetic one: "tac armor" and "heavy suit" are very similar might the latter look more differenti, even usin different color instead of green? Otherwise better rename It to "heavy armor"...

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 18, 2023, 07:39:43 am »
With the addition of "hand craft weapons" I think the 14mm rifle would be a good addition to the weapon class. 

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 19, 2023, 11:05:25 pm »
With the addition of "hand craft weapons" I think the 14mm rifle would be a good addition to the weapon class.

Absoluely! As for ground vehicles how about a "warbus", a bus with double piratin' cannon broadsides, hey there is even 1985 movie with that name (the plot itself might be an idea for a mission), see here or a "wartruck" a truck of some kind and/or some others vehicles from the mivie "mad max fury Road", see page at fandom here