aliens

Author Topic: Some information QoL improvements  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Some information QoL improvements
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2023, 09:42:46 pm »
I agree that for scientists you prefer an actual number. Let me reiterate it once more. All the numbers are right there on the info screen. Nobody is changing them.
😀

In vanilla, numbers and bars display same exactly values in different form. Numbers are completely fine but bars can overflow and both current and max values are stuck at the right of the screen.
I understand your propose to keep them as is until they overflow and then scale so that max stays at the right and current value get proportionally positioned somewhere in between.
This is exactly what I had in mind.

Sorry if I confused you with percentages. I didn't mean to actually display percentage number anywhere. By percentage display I mean automatic scaling that disregard background scale. Meaning the bar then display a proportional values (aka percentage). I feel like we are talking about the same thing.

P.S. In OXCE code parlance they call these two bar values: just "value" and "max value". So we can call them a "current value" (that may vary often) and "max value", for example. Is it what you call small/large?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 09:44:55 pm by Alpha Centauri Bear »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2023, 02:56:16 am »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2023, 09:48:20 am »
Yes, that's pretty much what I was after. Well, minus the numbers on the background image.

I'll ask OXCE devs what they think. Edit: Done. /edit

My usage of small/large was essentialy bar size. So 'small bar'/'small base'/'max value' less than the edge of the screen and 'large base'/'large bar'/bar overflow.

Spoiler" Item limit appendix":
Edit2:
For equipment bar I am not sure what it depicts. Is it a sum of all items "sizes" or a count?
I looked. It's ⌈[number of equipment]/4⌉.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 10:42:02 am by Juku121 »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2023, 02:37:53 pm »
For equipment bar. I can modify it to whatever you want if you tell me what limit you want to use (count ?) or the divider if there is no limit.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2023, 02:38:29 pm »
Thank you for keeping the discussion with OXCE!

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2023, 04:15:12 pm »
I made a sort of brainstorming topic for the equipment icons, in the OXCE subforum. I see you've already found it. :)

As long as there's no clearly desirable proposal for what to do with those icons or the space they occupy, I don't think it's worth it to try to do anything with my half-assed ideas.

Meridian seemed okay with the scaling bars (and some defense rescaling, too). Since these are pretty easy to do, perhaps there will be an OXCE release including them in the not too distant future. So I suppose we shouldn't get ahead of this in BAI, unless it gets forgotten for too long.