Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3735368 times)

Offline the Ring Dang Doo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5355 on: March 10, 2018, 05:54:45 am »
The windows up there have a defensive shutters that work like UFO doors; you have to open them before you fire.

Thanks!

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: March 10, 2018, 05:49:02 pm »
I really wish so! Out of curiosity: to set
It would be in piratez.rul, but I dont suggest that you edit the file.
Make a new file with a 'z' on the front of the filename so it gets put at the end of the load order. Make the items: header and copy the relevant items under it (on your copy id remove all the properties from it that you're not actually changing). Make sure you use notepad++ or something else that handles yaml programming because the spacing used is special.
(learned this trick from the shotgunsRebalance.rul, since its later in the load order, and it redefines previously set items but only changes one or a couple things about them)

The helpfile should provide, mostly (AHEM) a list of available properties to use and how to use them. Also the property is
Code: [Select]
isConsumable: false
Bandit Armored Cars are one of those early game wakeup calls, designed to ask "are you able to handle hard targets?". Carry the Assault Cannon with standard iron cannonballs to each pogrom mission just in case. I would also pack an Anchor into the ship and just leave it there for all missions because it can do a similar job, and can tear a hole in ufo or stone walls if necessary.

In the "scuentific experiments" missions - starting from diff level 3- there are spawned also thise basty drines armed with lasers; may these be removed in such missions?
I wasnt aware that drones spawned on the scientific experiments mission.

Medical Items I think should be replenishable:
* Canteen O' Refreshment
* X-Grog
* Small Medipack
* Space Medipack
(in fact any item that the bootypedia lists "provides uses per battle" since this suggests multi-battle capability, otherwise truncate the "per battle")

I agree with bandages/first aid/rum bottles being consumable along with most NPC alcohol.
I think a replacement for Grog should be made after you research Rum - which has as many uses but only takes up 2x2 size (a Keggar). Same price and materials and slightly lower sell value as rum, but something like 1000 hours to make due to quantity over quality.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:16:02 pm by RSSwizard »

niculinux

« Reply #5357 on: March 10, 2018, 06:24:41 pm »
Thanks, RSSwizard   :-* i'll follow your advice and don't touch the file :)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: March 10, 2018, 11:05:39 pm »
Why should the drones be removed? They are easy to kill and their laser doesn't hit very hard. They mostly miss anyway.
They are a reason to keep a musket or two in the Airbus at the beginning. As they mostly just fly up they are easy to spot and then snipe.

niculinux

« Reply #5359 on: March 10, 2018, 11:11:53 pm »
Why should the drones be removed? They are easy to kill and their laser doesn't hit very hard. They mostly miss anyway.
Since mission title reads "Scientific experiments" i always figured to find there only human enemies; but on "jack sparrow" difficulty usully  the hit the target 95% of time!  :'(

They are a reason to keep a musket or two in the Airbus at the beginning. As they mostly just fly up they are easy to spot and then snipe.
Heck that is the opposite i did until now! Pheraphs i tryed to replace muskets with tommyes,  ramshakle rifles and with some oher mid/lng ranged weapons; actulally muskets and flintlock are good weapons, i'd sy to use till the mid game :)

The dambation of suoerficial playing!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:23:30 am by niculinux »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: March 11, 2018, 04:49:08 am »
Muskets are surprisingly accurate, I wonder if it's related to projectile size or something, as those ought to be shooting really large chunks of metal.  The problem I have with them is that when you're likely to be using them, space is premium and ammo takes up a lot of space.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5361 on: March 11, 2018, 11:28:35 am »
It's not related to projectile properties, at least not in mechanics. Muskets are simply accurate on longer ranges, as opposed to most other starting stuff (pistols).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: March 11, 2018, 05:09:51 pm »
One thing I had in mind for a while:

Can the MP Autocannon become something like a mortar with shots fired in an arc?
It's one of the top tier rewards from Jack but it feels really weak as a direct-fire weapon. It's slow to fire and the aim isn't that good either.
On the other hand those Plasma Blades (Knife and Sword) are kickass and totally worth the tokens invested.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: March 11, 2018, 09:09:57 pm »
Oh ive got no problem with drones, you get a grav unit from each of them. My solution is usually something like shotgun/AP or literally just about any kind of grenade. That ~50 explosive damage is pretty reliable. Using melee on them is pretty satisfying.

Muskets are next to useless to me, but Flintlock Pistols do nice damage and if you're at 3-5 tiles away its an okay chance. Best way to use those is just carry a pistol for every clip of ammo, since the reload is so costly. No prob with carrying like 3 pistols (9 shots).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: March 11, 2018, 09:25:00 pm »
A guaranteed solution is a molotov.
With only 5HP drone-circuits will be fried for a wreck to collect afterwards.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: March 11, 2018, 11:03:48 pm »
Oh ive got no problem with drones, you get a grav unit from each of them. My solution is usually something like shotgun/AP or literally just about any kind of grenade. That ~50 explosive damage is pretty reliable. Using melee on them is pretty satisfying.

Muskets are next to useless to me, but Flintlock Pistols do nice damage and if you're at 3-5 tiles away its an okay chance. Best way to use those is just carry a pistol for every clip of ammo, since the reload is so costly. No prob with carrying like 3 pistols (9 shots).

I was replying to niculinux, who suggested to remove the drones.
In my experience they often fly above the structures in the experiments mission, so they are hard to hit with explosives.

niculinux

« Reply #5366 on: March 11, 2018, 11:25:10 pm »
I was replying to niculinux, who suggested to remove the drones.
In my experience they often fly above the structures in the experiments mission, so they are hard to hit with explosives.

Probably it's my "fault" becausa on the higheest difficulty level these go everyehere and at least in my expetience are imppossible to destroy with low/mid ranged weapons, at least in very early game musket to deal with thise is mandatory. Today finally i got into bounty missions, very funny indeed! Also unlocked warehouse wars if i play again will wait for the next version, and maybe try to unlock undersea missions and mansion wars. On to next 0.99.....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:26:48 pm by niculinux »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: March 11, 2018, 11:50:47 pm »
A guaranteed solution is a molotov. With only 5HP drone-circuits will be fried for a wreck to collect afterwards.
Dang, forehead-smack territory there, fire does cause 5-10 unless someone has resistance.
Hard to hit with explosives? Blasts spread upwards so if you put it right under them they'll get hit (just 1 or 2 tiles reduced damage). Frag grenade does 65 and plenty of NPCs drop them off. Dynamite (82dmg) is also frighteningly common, preprime it, id rather use it on Marsec/Osiron though.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: March 11, 2018, 11:51:57 pm »
My early solutions with drone are:

- Molotov.
- Throwing axes
- Javelins
- Black powder bombs
- Good old melee (If I get one on the floor)
- Hide in the canopy (When forest)
- Never been uncover (When I can).

They are a nuance, but I like then. They are my main target and my main danger on those early Academy missions. Even on Jack Sparrow, without them, those missions could be very easy. They are the pepper that make those missions tasty.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: March 12, 2018, 01:32:37 am »
Melee reaction fire inside a door might be a good way too. Also if you have Tamed Reapers they do xcellent job of tanking hits and acting as distraction. Will also riptear drones like a frisbee if on the ground.