Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3735498 times)

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99B - 18 Aug - Sky's The Limit
« Reply #3180 on: August 21, 2016, 01:28:47 pm »
This never happens, that's the problem.

Had this situation couple of times. Anyway, optional  "score strike"  would be good. Built in or in standalone mod form - no matter.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 21, 2016, 03:59:39 pm »
It's more than just the money. You aren't really self-sufficient, the governments know who you are and are ignoring your actions because you are beneficial to them. The Mutant Alliance sees you as a useful tool, therefore they provide cloaking devices and presumably perform maintenance on the same. If you cease to be useful to them, all those blind eyes turn towards you and you get swept away.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 22, 2016, 01:33:11 am »
The mutant alliance isn't supplying the cloaking devices, They're supplying the libraries and some other supplies in exchange for actually requiring you to help with pogroms.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: August 22, 2016, 05:10:11 am »
Well, that doesn't really change anything. The fact is that you're not alone and losing the support of those that are supporting you would be a deathblow. Presumably that happens after 2 months of bad performance. Maybe it would be more forgiving if it were 3,4,6,9,12 months, but the game is already incredibly forgiving compared to what it was previously. The steps taken by Dioxine to make the early game more approachable are significant and it looks way more manageable than what it was at the beginning of Ivan's or Meridian's LP (or the beginning of my Piratez experience).

The only thing I could see, if it isn't already done, is to have a pedia article from the beginning, explaining pogroms and how you don't need to go there. With vanilla, showing up decreases the penalty, but since there is no penalty in early XPiratez, that old reflex from vanilla is really bad and it's hard to tell if you don't read it on the forums.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 22, 2016, 05:50:26 am »
So I realized something that easy difficulty allows, there's no way a domestic shotgun should be able to take out an osiron security, except from behind, and good luck there.  I'm actually happy the shotguns worked, ran into a ship with several security and drones really early.

Also just barely got the link between apples and electronics... I might be slow.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 22, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »
Game crashes when I try to start a quick battle for the "S3000 Limousine" mission.
(Many -I still haven't tried them all- of the other missions work fine, so the problem seems to be specific to that one).
I'm using version 0.99B.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3186 on: August 22, 2016, 03:24:28 pm »
So I realized something that easy difficulty allows, there's no way a domestic shotgun should be able to take out an osiron security, except from behind, and good luck there.  I'm actually happy the shotguns worked, ran into a ship with several security and drones really early.

Easiest difficult is really 'kid' difficulty since it halves armor on all enemies.

Game crashes when I try to start a quick battle for the "S3000 Limousine" mission.

It's normal. Set 'Human Citizens' as the desired faction to make it work.

As for the bad score strike... It can only happen in the early game, later there is no way you get negative score. So while it can be argued that later you should be self-sufficient, and immune to such happenings, early on you aren't - and only then such mechanic can kick in. Also I think you need more than 2 months of negative score to die, I once set a game running, not doing anything at all, and got bad score strike only by the end of April.
Or maybe it is 2 consecutive months, but low negative scores do not count, only past a certain threshold (-500?).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:29:20 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: August 22, 2016, 03:59:12 pm »
(Many -I still haven't tried them all- of the other missions work fine, so the problem seems to be specific to that one).
I'm using version 0.99B.

"alienRank: 8" is the problem.
But it should work with race "Human Citizens"

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_VESSEL_CE_LIMO
    data:
      - alienRank: 8 <================== alien rank 8 doesn't exist for most races...
        lowQty: 1
        highQty: 1
        dQty: 0
        percentageOutsideUfo: 0
        itemSets:
          -
            - STR_MASTERS_CANE
            - STR_MAGNUM
            - STR_MAGNUM_DRUM
            - STR_MAGNUM_DRUM
            - STR_MAGNUM_DRUM
          -
            - STR_MASTERS_CANE
            - STR_HEAVY_PISTOL
            - STR_HEAVY_PISTOL_CLIP
            - STR_HEAVY_PISTOL_CLIP
            - STR_HEAVY_PISTOL_CLIP
          -
            - STR_MASTERS_CANE
            - STR_PISTOL
            - STR_PISTOL_CLIP
            - STR_PISTOL_CLIP
            - STR_PISTOL_CLIP
            - STR_CIGS
          -
            - STR_MASTERS_CANE
            - STR_LASER_PISTOL_SNUB
            - STR_LASER_PISTOL_SNUB_CLIP
          -
            - STR_MASTERS_CANE
    width: 50
    length: 50
    height: 9
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:07:07 pm by Meridian »

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: August 22, 2016, 04:04:24 pm »
As for the bad score strike... It can only happen in the early game, later there is no way you get negative score. So while it can be argued that later you should be self-sufficient, and immune to such happenings, early on you aren't - and only then such mechanic can kick in. Also I think you need more than 2 months of negative score to die, I once set a game running, not doing anything at all, and got bad score strike only by the end of April.
Or maybe it is 2 consecutive months, but low negative scores do not count, only past a certain threshold (-500?).

I think it`s more than -1000 for 2 month in a row.

Edit: yup, just play-tested it, -1000 (Big Joke) and less for 2 month in a row. You are right, it wont happen wen playing as it should play. Wanted that option more for role play than for normal gameplay.   
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:15:15 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: August 22, 2016, 04:13:08 pm »
I think it`s more than -1000 for 2 month in a row.

Depends on difficulty level (-500 on superhuman, -900 on beginner).
In TFTD probably a bit different.

Code: [Select]
  int difficulty_threshold = 100*(_game->getSavedGame()->getDifficultyCoefficient()-9);

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 22, 2016, 04:16:49 pm »
Tanx, just finded exact numbers too.

Wanted that option more for role play than for normal gameplay.
Ability to forget the politics in some walkthroughs of this game is... refreshing.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:20:47 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3191 on: August 22, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »
Edit: yup, just play-tested it, -1000 (Big Joke) and less for 2 month in a row. You are right, it wont happen wen playing as it should play. Wanted that option more for role play than for normal gameplay.

Well, it seems it's hard to get it even if you don't play at all, as my experience shows. As long as you leave Pogroms alone, you should have positive score from research alone... As long as you hire some Brainers right away, that is.
Also there will be a few more (better-scored) early missions, eventually.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: August 22, 2016, 06:01:34 pm »
I'm finding that a strong starting strategy is to spend your starting cash on two more brainers immediately.  Go ballbats and flintlock pistols on all hands, and beeline the black market upgrades. You can get a hold of domestic shotguns very quickly, and score a lot of research points in the process. Using the ballbats will net you quite a few captives without playing games with capture equipment like the rope. Early cash flow from science experiments and especially raids on the Church of Sirius can get you a second hanger and the aircar within a month and a half. If you get lucky early and find a stun baton to research you should be set for captives, otherwise just keep swinging for the fences on raids and use the shotguns to down most any of the early opponents with ease.

Early game ransom is highly valuable. Just keep an eye on upgrading your arsenal because this setup beats just about everything for the first three months, then falls flat against armored foes.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: August 22, 2016, 07:41:54 pm »
A question: are pilots benefit something from piloting? XP or some stat growth? Or it isn`t work that way yet?

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: August 22, 2016, 08:23:13 pm »
A question: are pilots benefit something from piloting? XP or some stat growth? Or it isn`t work that way yet?
Not that I see, but since they fight in the tactical portion as well, you can just swap a good pilot in if needed.