aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Base selector in manufacturing popup at battle summary  (Read 391 times)

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I know this question was discussed before. However, I could not find final resolution on this. Whether it was declared never implement or still open for discussion.

Base related popups (manufacture, research) are sometimes shown when not in base. One example is the battle summary when they report shortage of items and offer to manufacture them. However, manufacturing popup is for transporter home base where I don't keep my manufacture. It is in another one. I have to close the base, exit to geoscape, and then get to my manufacturing base and set production order there. I think it would make sense offering manufacturing at any base player like.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Base selector in manufacturing popup at battle summary
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 05:44:03 pm »
The manufacture shortcut from the "Cannot reequip craft" UI is just a shortcut for the most used scenario.
And even then many people don't use it for various reasons.

Just finishing the mission (one click) and going to the base you want (second click), is as fast as it can get.

1/ By implementing your suggestion, it will not be quicker than the standard case 2 clicks (as you will also need an extra click, and a whole extra GUI, for base selection).
2/ And it will also make it slower for everybody that is using it today.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Base selector in manufacturing popup at battle summary
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 06:01:28 pm »
I agree and not insisting. Your discretion.

Not clear, though, why it makes it slower for current users. The default screen stays as is. We may just add some scroll or select list allowing to change a base. People who don't want to use it won't loose any extra time changing the base.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 06:37:07 pm »
Not clear, though, why it makes it slower for current users. The default screen stays as is. We may just add some scroll or select list allowing to change a base. People who don't want to use it won't loose any extra time changing the base.

My assumption was that the base selection would be an extra step before you are redirected to the Purchase/Manufacture GUI.

Now I understand, you want to be able to switch between bases while in those screens?

If yes, there are already threads for that, for example:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,11178.0.html
or
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10148.0.html
or
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9707.0.html

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 06:57:08 pm »
No, selecting base should not be required. All such windows are opened by default to some base already.
I am just saying that it would be nice to be able to switch between bases in such popups as easy as "1-2-3".
😄

Left a note in one of the above threads. Thank you.
I can also implement it myself as usual if you are interested.