aliens

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
40k / Re: 40k
« Last post by Flenser on Today at 10:52:40 pm »
question about the Tauros transport: after the end of the first turn, there is a weird radio mumble and then the damn thing gives a small wound to everyone in my squad. what is this supposed to simulate?

Help / Re: Two Questions
« Last post by Barghum on Today at 10:36:53 pm »
pain
Brutal AI / Re: Brutal-OXCE 8.5.1
« Last post by Xilmi on Today at 09:23:54 pm »
it seems that rockets blown up at Avenger ramp always and never fly into Avenger itself

so alien ramp-rocket is a bug
Thanks for the report I'm gonna have a look at this.

Edit:

Okay... Sectoids are a bad species to test this because they MC me and let my soldiers kill each other before I can test the blasting.
Floaters are a bad species to test this because they shoot blaster from 3rd level and it doesn't have issues to enter the craft as it doesn't try to "climb the ramp".

Edit 2: With Snakemen it worked. Are you maybe using realistic accuracy and is that maybe messing up something about the blaster-shots? Let me try...

Edit 3: Nope, no difference with realistic accuracy. Blaster-shot still hits the soldier I used to bait it. So I can't really reproduce the issue. Maybe it depends on the angle from which the blaster is launched relative to the entrance of the Avenger.

Edit 4: Did different tests with different angles. In all cases the blaster made it in. So I need better reproduction steps or ideally a save a turn before it happens.
Brutal AI / Re: Brutal-OXCE 8.5.1
« Last post by Xilmi on Today at 09:20:22 pm »
I play xcomfiles on the brutal. I am disappointed that zombies and other animals, which usually behave ultra aggressively, run away and hide like girls behind a corner. I drove four zombies with 4 agents in 40 turns. Is this normal, or should I change something in the settings?
Putting the Aggressivness-mode to 1 might help in this case.
« Last post by Nord on Today at 09:10:39 pm »
You need at least one node with: "Node rank: 1:X-Com"
You are almost there. It has been a while since I played that level, so I don't recall very specifics.

Only one of the doors leads to the actual Brain. All doors have nasty characters lurking inside, so prepare for a fight.

Good luck!
« Last post by Barghum on Today at 07:59:22 pm »
I placed both nodes and tiles...

it's still broken.
I really like this mod, especially the first part before the alien invasion. I would love to extend it for another couple of years...
From time to time I return to the game, and sometimes I look at some things with a different perspective.
I understand that you have a lot of work to do, but perhaps someday you will want to give these dossiers more meaning, because this is a very good start to something more significant.

Thank you for the insight. Yes, I have a few more sort of planned. :)

In the meantime, here's a peek at a new mission.
The X-Com Files / Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New
« Last post by Fiskun1 on Today at 04:20:24 pm »
I really like this mod, especially the first part before the alien invasion. I would love to extend it for another couple of years...
From time to time I return to the game, and sometimes I look at some things with a different perspective.
I understand that you have a lot of work to do, but perhaps someday you will want to give these dossiers more meaning, because this is a very good start to something more significant.
This should be available in OXCE 7.12.6

Code: [Select]
extended:
  scripts:
    sellCostItem:
      - offset: 12
        code: |
          var ptr Time t;
          geoscape_game.getTime t;
          t.getDaysPastEpoch cost_current;
          mod cost_current 100;
          add cost_current 100;
          return cost_current;
This is very dumb version that set all items cost to values from 100 to 200 based on current day.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10