Author Topic: REORDERING THE ENTRIES IN THE UFOPEDIA SECTIONS  (Read 3016 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
REORDERING THE ENTRIES IN THE UFOPEDIA SECTIONS
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:53:37 am »
I'm using a .rul file atm which I expanded on a mod from "Modding/Experiments / Re: minimod: Elerium and Alloys Listed on Top
« by Dooh on January 30, 2015, 03:31:20 pm »" and have nearly reordered all items in the purchase & stores screen to an order more sensible to me but how do I do the following 3 things if possible?
1. Put all items of each ufopedia section in alphabetical order, makes more sense to me. 2. Since I put on the commendations mod I've noticed that mortar tank now appears in the commendations section @ the bottom. I have an idea that its to do with the "list order" number but I've looked throughout folders and not sure where or how u change the list order numbers? 3. Change the order of the sections from top to bottom alphabetically. Thanks for any info.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: REORDERING THE ENTRIES IN THE UFOPEDIA SECTIONS
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:49 am »
1. Put all items of each ufopedia section in alphabetical order, makes more sense to me. 2. Since I put on the commendations mod I've noticed that mortar tank now appears in the commendations section @ the bottom. I have an idea that its to do with the "list order" number but I've looked throughout folders and not sure where or how u change the list order numbers? 3. Change the order of the sections from top to bottom alphabetically. Thanks for any info.

1. Manually with the listorder for each item.

2. Look at the end of the commendations mod ruleset to see how we "moved" the hwps into the other section.  This will need to be done with the "mortar tank" as well.

3.  You will have to do the same thing as #2 to re-order the categories.  Basically, you have to point the item into the group where you want it (i.e. "crafts" for the top category), then rename the group.   The language files contain the STR_ entries for the different categories.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 04:20:18 am »
A lot of work or shud I say a lot of repition, I'll need to sort out each section on pen & paper alphabetically then reorder the sections accordingly. Then sort out each section a-z and then sort their numbers accordingly. I managed to move all HWPs out of commendations to the hwp section in ufopedia but there's one thing worrying me, hovertank laser is in the RAA mod and sectopod hwp6 mod, I've made them both the same as in RAA with respect to stats but unsure of this bit, RAA has this:

armor: HOVERTANK_LASER_ARMOR
    standHeight: 12
    kneelHeight: 12
    floatHeight: 6
    value: 20
    deathSound: 23
    moveSound: 40
    energyRecovery: 50

but sectopod hwp6 has this:

armor: HOVERTANK_ARMOR
    standHeight: 15
    kneelHeight: 15
    loftemps: 4
    value: 20
    deathSound: 23
    moveSound: 15

RAA is the more up to date mod and is loaded after sectopod hwp6 so does this matter? Or shud I change the earlier loaded mod to match RAA? It probably will take me a long time to reorder the entire ufopedia but it'll be a fun challenge!

Thought I'd got it right, the tank mortar moved ok but now I'm getting an error message when I repeated for another 11 entries (see pics). I simply just repeated as in mortar tank @ the end of the commendations rul file. It works ok when I take out the 11 entries from the rul file and just have the mortar tank added to the vanilla rul file in alphabetical order so am I doing sumthing very silly?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 05:31:50 am »
As far as your error goes, theres something not working in your copy and paste in to the ruleset.  One extra space or a tab or something.

Through it into the parser here. It can usually give you a better line on where the error is.

https://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/

Edit: as far as your HWPs... they shouldn't conflict.  You should just ensure that the ufopedia reorg mod that you are making is loaded last in your config file.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:33:44 am by ivandogovich »