Author Topic: [Help Needed] problems with some Maps generation.  (Read 169 times)

Offline B1ackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
[Help Needed] problems with some Maps generation.
« on: May 07, 2024, 07:28:16 am »

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering some crashes with map generation, and I could use some assistance. Specifically, I'm getting a "A fatal error has occurred: Height of map MAPS/AULTA14.MAP too big for this mission, block is 9, expected: 4" message under certain circumstances. Despite attempting to adjust the map size, the issue persists.

Interestingly, everything works smoothly when I select large UFOs like the battleship, but crashes occur with smaller UFOs such as the small scout. I'm using the CMP, and it appears that the gothic variations of maps, beautifully crafted by bulletdesigner, are causing the problem. As a temporary fix, I've removed them from the available generation pool, but I'd prefer to have them active again.

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline CrazedHarpooner

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [Help Needed] problems with some Maps generation.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 12:00:55 pm »
As the error is stating, the game is picking a mapblock that has a height of 9 and trying to fit it in a map that has a height of 4.
You will need to either:
a) Go over any and all alienDeployments that may use that block and change their height to at least 9, or
b) Use the rezise command at the beginning of each mapScript that may use said blocks and increase the height to 9.

I would go with 'a' unless there's a particular reason you wouldn't want that, mostly because when using 'b' you need specify the whole size (width, length and height) while 'a' you can simply update the value of the map height.

It is possible that in your example, the alienDeployment for the battleship is already set to that height (or greater) and thus results in no crash.

Offline B1ackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] problems with some Maps generation.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 07:13:43 pm »
I forgot to add that i already edited the height to 9 in my alien deployment BUT, thanks to your input, i decided to analize further.......now im noticing some mission types are missing this parameter and i think , its THOSE were creating the CTDs.

Thanks, i can consider this solved.