Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1623018 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2115 on: February 12, 2016, 08:52:46 am »
Yes and I want play them
but I like those in FMP/Redux too

The problem is to obtain a unique list of all ufos, without duplication.

In your pack exists some ufo with different name already contained into FMP/Redux mods

The pack only contains UFO's which have the same external hull as vanilla ones.
So it does not include a 2 level Medium Scout for example, since it is not a vanilla UFO in strict sense.
The file naming is based upon the original game files.
Usually it goes like this:
UFO_110 normal medium scout
UFO_110a turned normal medium scout. etc..

Only exception are Battleships, since they do not have turned Versions.
And what i also should mention, i edited the UFOL83.MCD, the maps will show errors, if the wrong version is used. Of course this modified file is included in the Mod.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2116 on: February 12, 2016, 04:28:10 pm »
UFO_110a turned normal medium scout. etc..

In the old naming convention (luke83 extra ufos, which FMP as well as Piratez are using), ufo_110a would be modified floor plan, while ufr_110 woul be turned version (and ufr_110a turned version of ufo_110a). Aren't your recent changes confusing?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #2117 on: February 12, 2016, 08:46:23 pm »
In the old naming convention (luke83 extra ufos, which FMP as well as Piratez are using), ufo_110a would be modified floor plan, while ufr_110 woul be turned version (and ufr_110a turned version of ufo_110a). Aren't your recent changes confusing?
Well i found the old naming system confusing, so i stick with how the vanilla named its files and simplified it.
And honestly, i do not care. They mod is fully functional and does what it is supposed to do. You can use the files like you wish. If you do not like the names, rename them.

Offline UnholyKnight

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: February 26, 2016, 08:53:57 pm »
I have some funny situation, and I'm not sure, is this because of difficulty setting, or modification - my sentinels craft repairing from the fight with battleships for 15-20 days... and it's really much more easy to built some new sentinel interceptors, which my base can do in roughly 2-3 days. Maybe some modification in craft repair rate is needed?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2119 on: February 26, 2016, 10:07:49 pm »
I have some funny situation, and I'm not sure, is this because of difficulty setting, or modification - my sentinels craft repairing from the fight with battleships for 15-20 days... and it's really much more easy to built some new sentinel interceptors, which my base can do in roughly 2-3 days. Maybe some modification in craft repair rate is needed?

Sadly, I don't think this can be adjusted with ruleset. I think the more HP a craft has lost, the longer it will be repaired, so naturally planes with more HP will take longer to make.

Actually, looks like it is possible after all - the Ruleset Reference mentions a variable called repairRate (default 1). I have no idea if it works though; can anyone shed a light on it?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: February 26, 2016, 10:34:13 pm »
Actually, looks like it is possible after all - the Ruleset Reference mentions a variable called repairRate (default 1). I have no idea if it works though; can anyone shed a light on it?

It works.
repairRate 2 means repairing is twice as fast... repairRate 10 means 10-times faster.
You can specify also decimal numbers. E.g. repairRate 0.5 would be 2x slower than normal.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 26, 2016, 10:54:31 pm »
It works.
repairRate 2 means repairing is twice as fast... repairRate 10 means 10-times faster.
You can specify also decimal numbers. E.g. repairRate 0.5 would be 2x slower than normal.

Thanks, I'll look into it then.

BTW the next release will happen when I'm done with Chtonite sprites. :P

Offline UnholyKnight

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 26, 2016, 11:12:40 pm »
Thks for fast reaction on my post! It's really pain in the rear, when it's much more easy to me to bulild new craft from the scretch for rougly 2 days, when repair of the craft is 18 days... Maybe I try to tweak it a little by myself...

Offline NotCIAAgent

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
FMP research questions
« Reply #2123 on: February 28, 2016, 12:38:29 am »
Soldiers, as all other ranks, give you general race information and give you the technology to get tier 2 craft weaponry. Navigators give you mission information and allow you to start researching the Hyperwave decoder. Engineers give you ship information, allow you to get tier 2 infantry weaponry and armor and, apparently, sometimes, information about mechanical enemies and other technologies. Leaders in general will research any random alien technology or object (even the ones you might be researching), with sectoid/ethereals giving you Psi Lab and Mind Shield.

Is all of that correct? To get above tier 2 (gauss and basic laser), I need to keep interrogaing leaders until randomly one of them give me either rail/nuclear or unlock alien plasma?

I also noticed you can "dissect" cyberdisks for Alien Electronics, but you can't research them. The only way to do so is by leader interrogation, and it is kinda of an important technology, as it gives you tier 3 armor and maybe more stuff.

Edit: I didn't thought this thread was meant for FMP questions as well. Thought it was strictly for development. I will remember to use it next time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:52:15 am by NotCIAAgent »

Offline NotCIAAgent

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 02, 2016, 11:39:13 pm »
I am getting a crash at turn one. Just throw a smoke grenade at the left side of the middle of the ramp, in the ground and end turn.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:42:49 pm by NotCIAAgent »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 03, 2016, 01:10:20 am »
I am getting a crash at turn one. Just throw a smoke grenade at the left side of the middle of the ramp, in the ground and end turn.

Yeah, I confirmed the crash, sorry but I have no idea what can be wrong. Maybe it's a conflict with some other mod? Maybe it's a map problem? I just don't know, I haven't changed anything regarding this.

EDIT: I experimented further, tried to load up the save in Yankes/Meridian's OXCE v. 2.9. The save won't even load, instead I got this:

A map problem? that would be weird, since I haven't encountered any problems with Farm, ever. But also might be a result of version differences.

NotCIAAgent, does it help if you load before the mission and get another map generated?

Offline NotCIAAgent

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 03, 2016, 01:23:02 am »
well, if I throw the grenade at the ramp or at the right side of it, the game wouldn't crash. I tried waiting a few hours around the landing point to see if I could get a different map, but I couldn't. Regardless, the bug wasn't really a game ending problem to me, I just reported it for the sake if bug reporting.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 03, 2016, 04:35:34 am »
I tried waiting a few hours around the landing point to see if I could get a different map, but I couldn't.

To get a different map, turn save scumming on in the advanced options and then reload the save and go to the mission. Should generate a different map.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 03, 2016, 11:32:52 am »
A map problem? that would be weird, since I haven't encountered any problems with Farm, ever. But also might be a result of version differences.

Looking at the error description it looks an awful lot like a c++ error message, not necessarily a game-map problem.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 03, 2016, 01:45:45 pm »
Looking at the error description it looks an awful lot like a c++ error message, not necessarily a game-map problem.

Yeah, though I really don't know what to do with this. Especially since it's the first time I've seen it. Some help would be greatly appreciated, everyone.

In other news, the next version is pretty much ready apart from very minor details, but I'm sick and I've been devoting my free time and energy first to watching Avatar: The Legend of Korra and then fanboying well more like fangirling about it. :)