Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1622960 times)

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1605 on: June 11, 2015, 11:18:35 pm »
Seems the alien engineers have gonne all inovating on their designs lately :P
New on UFO Designers Digest: The Battleship with a literally spiraling Interior! Labyrinthine nightmare!

EDIT: I believe there is something fishy with the scout drones. I have 2 and both of them start their turn with movement points allready spent akin to been overweight? I would normally think this is done as emotional comforting, because my whole crew is over capacity but machines dont have emotions right?  :o

Sick animations on the drone btw!
Yeah, I noticed this too. I also notice that when the scout drone expends all of its smoke pellets, the TUs return to normal (70) within the start of the next turn. Scorch did something weird to the weight of the smoke pellet ammo pack...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1606 on: June 12, 2015, 10:57:11 am »
I also notice that when the scout drone expends all of its smoke pellets, the TUs return to normal (70) within the start of the next turn. Scorch did something weird to the weight of the smoke pellet ammo pack...

If it's indeed the case, it will be easy to fix. :)

(Unlike some other stuff.)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: June 12, 2015, 03:29:26 pm »
Yeah, I noticed this too. I also notice that when the scout drone expends all of its smoke pellets, the TUs return to normal (70) within the start of the next turn. Scorch did something weird to the weight of the smoke pellet ammo pack...

Yep, can confirm. I am thinking seriously about starting a career as a beta tester. I cant seem to play anything without uncovering bugs, its like a curse. I found one  on an Atari side scroler once for crying out loud.

Offline ToastyOats

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 13, 2015, 02:35:01 am »
Love the mod, I registered to say that.

And ask one thing, maybe request.

Are we still able to eventually turn around and start manufacturing XCOM tech for profit?
That was an incredibly useful ability.

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: June 13, 2015, 02:40:37 am »

Are we still able to eventually turn around and start manufacturing XCOM tech for profit?
I believe that you still can, just use the tech that doesn't cost alloys or elerium.

Like gauss weapons for example! Or MiB laser weapons (NOT the ammo). They do make quite hefty profits, so I think...

Offline ToastyOats

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 13, 2015, 05:02:04 am »
I believe that you still can, just use the tech that doesn't cost alloys or elerium.

Like gauss weapons for example! Or MiB laser weapons (NOT the ammo). They do make quite hefty profits, so I think...

I might be experiencing some sort of glitch then.

I've encountered MIB, I took an Agent and a Coordinator alive.

I've got nothing to research, I'm up to Imp Alloy jets & troop transport (Skymarshal & Raven) and Alloy ammunition varieties.
I'm looking at several MIB laser weapons, a couple gauss & a bevvy of alien weaponry including the damn stun launcher.

But none of my live interrogations have unlocked the research blades for them.

Spoiler:
Trying to take an Ethereal alive with alloy weaponry & dart rifles is some final destination tier stuff.

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 13, 2015, 08:00:31 am »
I might be experiencing some sort of glitch then.

I've encountered MIB, I took an Agent and a Coordinator alive.

I've got nothing to research, I'm up to Imp Alloy jets & troop transport (Skymarshal & Raven) and Alloy ammunition varieties.
I'm looking at several MIB laser weapons, a couple gauss & a bevvy of alien weaponry including the damn stun launcher.

But none of my live interrogations have unlocked the research blades for them.

Spoiler:
Trying to take an Ethereal alive with alloy weaponry & dart rifles is some final destination tier stuff.
Have you at least have any Gauss cannons or researched the alien laser rifle? If so, then all you need is the elerium battery, which can be obtained by capturing an alien engineer. Only then can you unlock such weapons to manufacture.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: June 13, 2015, 11:35:38 am »

Yeah, most vanilla items are completely unchanged, if that's what you mean. So you can still mass-produce laser cannons or whatever.

EDIT:

Meridian: Thank you so much about the report. I think I have it sorted now. You were right, some data got corrupted at some point, and now it should work again. I just need to clarify that Plasma Weapons Calibration doesn't enable you to use the weapons in question straight away, you still need to research them individually.

As for the Plasma Cannon... I have no idea why this happens. The ruleset seems fine in this regard. I guess it's a coding problem, I'll have to circumvent it by deleting the fuck of all the suspicious research items and add it back again.

EDIT 2:

Yep, works again.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 12:18:04 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 13, 2015, 12:50:01 pm »
About the plasma cannon:
In FMP ruleset, there is a "dependency", but not a "requirement" on the STR_PLASMA_WEAPONS. So if some other technology "unlocks" the STR_PLASMA_CANNON then the dependency will be ignored. In FMP ruleset, there is nothing which unlocks it (that's why I was confused at first), but in the vanilla, it is unlocked by any of the following: STR_PLASMA_CANNON_DEP1, STR_PLASMA_CANNON_DEP2.

So -- if I understand the "dependencies", "requires" and "unlocks" correctly -- it is not a coding error.

There are several ways of fixing it, but I guess you figured it out already.

One question though: did you consider turning FMP into a master (i.e. total conversion)? Altough total conversion doesn't "feel" right, technically it would prevent conflicts between vanilla and FMP rulesets and also make your work easier I think.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 13, 2015, 01:00:46 pm »
About the plasma cannon:
In FMP ruleset, there is a "dependency", but not a "requirement" on the STR_PLASMA_WEAPONS. So if some other technology "unlocks" the STR_PLASMA_CANNON then the dependency will be ignored. In FMP ruleset, there is nothing which unlocks it (that's why I was confused at first), but in the vanilla, it is unlocked by any of the following: STR_PLASMA_CANNON_DEP1, STR_PLASMA_CANNON_DEP2.

So -- if I understand the "dependencies", "requires" and "unlocks" correctly -- it is not a coding error.

You are correct - this particular code was fine, I just didn't account for some factors. Now it's working as intended, at least according to preliminary tests.

One question though: did you consider turning FMP into a master (i.e. total conversion)? Altough total conversion doesn't "feel" right, technically it would prevent conflicts between vanilla and FMP rulesets and also make your work easier I think.

I thought about it, but the vanilla rulesets do change periodically, and keeping it updated would be a nightmare. I'd rather avoid it if possible, and for now it seems possible.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 13, 2015, 03:55:59 pm »
I am trying to clean up my alien containment, so I wanted to assign all captives for research/interrogation.

But it seems that I am not able to assign all of them, for example (see screnshot):
- ethereal guardian
- hybrid worker
- MiB coordinator

I think I have researched guys like them already... so maybe you cannot research them twice?? That is the only thing which comes to mind... can you please check? Saves attached (one before assigning the research and one after).

PS: using FMP 1.5.2b
PS2: I think I had the same problem with Anthropod Grunt few weeks earlier... I just sold him... but seeing that it happens with others, I decided to report a bug

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1616 on: June 13, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »
Well i am comeing over to leave some presents here ;)

Following package contains:
 - 9 Fighter Maps,
 - 11 Excavator Maps
 - 14 Sentry Maps
 - 1 Labship Map (Minor Cow fix)

I totally forgot which ones you already have, so i just gave you the whole collection :D
Unfortunatly, a turned Version of the Labship and a variant of it are not ready now for release, but soon :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:13:42 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 13, 2015, 07:13:09 pm »
Thanks! Now I can post version 1.5.3 online.

• MiBs are a bit more talkative.
  • Got rid of Chryssalids on Mars (didn't make sense) and replaced it with Muton Commanders.
  • Beautified the horrible vanilla Grav Shield map.
  • Added and fixed many UFO variants (by Hellrazor).
  • Fixed some errors with the tech tree (thanks Meridian).
  • Fixed the mess with Plasma and Fusion weapons (thanks again, Meridian).
  • Medi-Gas is more accessible now.
  • Some surprise changes to alien races.
  • Two new Forest maps, because I was getting irritated with vertical forrests.
  • Fixed the Scout Drone's Strength problem.
  • Fixed a problem with Avenger being available too soon.

@Meridian: The prisoners handling code keeps changing, so I don't know right now. :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: June 13, 2015, 08:21:24 pm »
Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Heavy Plasma now require STR_PLASMA_WEAPONS for manufacturing.

However Plasma Sniper Rifle, Plasma Caster and Plasma Blaster don't... is that by design or not? Test save attached.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: June 13, 2015, 08:45:05 pm »
Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Heavy Plasma now require STR_PLASMA_WEAPONS for manufacturing.

However Plasma Sniper Rifle, Plasma Caster and Plasma Blaster don't... is that by design or not? Test save attached.

...no, not by design... >.<

Fixed and re-updated.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:50:22 pm by Solarius Scorch »