aliens

Author Topic: BASE DEFENCES  (Read 11375 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: BASE DEFENCES
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 09:54:10 pm »
Thanks for all the info and bother u've went to, it means now I can have a rough idea of the best and worst case scenarios of the following. Whether or not the aliens have detected any of my bases and if they have what r the chances of them getting thru the base defenses and starting a base defense mission. I know it may be a bit lazy but I like to only do an absolute minimum of these missions especially late on in a playthru. Actually one of my bases is under retaliation atm by Ethereals and it's only early May!

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 09:16:47 pm »
Is the bug where you got a boat load of elerium after a succsfull defense still firing? I would assume in the Open it doesnt.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 09:19:10 pm »
Is the bug where you got a boat load of elerium after a succsfull defense still firing? I would assume in the Open it doesnt.

All old known Bugs from which the Original Game suffered have been fixed as far as i now.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:45 pm »
All old known Bugs from which the Original Game suffered have been fixed as far as i now.

Good to know because it was a hell of an exploit. You could get several thousand elerium units. And it also happens in TFTD.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 11:03:36 pm »
Good to know because it was a hell of an exploit. You could get several thousand elerium units. And it also happens in TFTD.

They are currently working on TFTD support you know so we can opentftd :D

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 12:21:15 am »
They are currently working on TFTD support you know so we can opentftd :D

Is there a linky linky? I found the apocalypse one but there is nothing functional there yet :(

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 12:34:00 am »
Is there a linky linky? I found the apocalypse one but there is nothing functional there yet :(

The project isn't that far advanced yet.  Warboy has done alot of work on the battlescape.  There is still work to be done in the Geoscape.  They aren't at a place yet where they are able to consider releasing any alphas etc.  Much of the capabilities are making their way into the Nightlies though, so that is a good place to start, if you are interested.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 12:34:08 pm »
The project isn't that far advanced yet.  Warboy has done alot of work on the battlescape.  There is still work to be done in the Geoscape.  They aren't at a place yet where they are able to consider releasing any alphas etc.  Much of the capabilities are making their way into the Nightlies though, so that is a good place to start, if you are interested.

Ok. I cant tell you how much excited I am now. Not only I found a way to play the old ufo in an improved version, I am getting possitive singlas for TFTD and Apoc too. This is like a Christmass present.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 05:03:17 pm »
Ok. I cant tell you how much excited I am now. Not only I found a way to play the old ufo in an improved version, I am getting possitive singlas for TFTD and Apoc too. This is like a Christmass present.

No it's even better, it's like constant roleover orgasms :D