Author Topic: Do you ever use pistols or autocannon? Motion sensors?  (Read 11784 times)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever use pistols or autocannon? Motion sensors?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 11:38:48 pm »
Sweet! I'm going to use that later when I test the new AI. Is there a list of commands somewhere? I know about the one in the options menu, but I don't think it has the ones with modifiers.
It's kinda spread around the wiki, maybe someone with better organization chops could do a better job. :P

I think force-fire was supposed to be tied to an option that would mention it though, dunno what happened to that.

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 07:13:14 am »
I almost never use HC. I find it clumsy and more often than not its lack of auto-fire nets me a lot of casualties. Area saturation with AC-HE or AC-I rounds, though, is a very nice complement to my squad, especially when coupled with the fact that direct hits are not necessary to do damage.

At least during the early tactical battles, AC-HE wielding troops can prevent a great deal of situations from going sour.
Say, for example, I have a unit 6 tiles away from a Sectoid, and that unit can either make one snap shot with a low but very much possible chance of missing, or retreat to a safe distance and allow the AC-HE soldier to eliminate the Sectoid without risk.

In that case, I would have spared myself a potential casualty by employing the Auto-Cannon's fire support.

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 06:40:56 pm »
AC-HE can't bring down walls, mind you.

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 07:00:00 am »
AC-HE can't bring down walls, mind you.

Most weaker walls and obstructions are easily brought down by AC-HE... mainly, this applies to wooden walls in Farm maps and the weaker fences and walls on Terror missions. Useless against anything really solid, though.