Author Topic: [Suggestion] Selling items from the soldier equipment screen  (Read 567 times)

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Selling items from the soldier equipment screen
« on: August 22, 2023, 02:02:05 pm »
A way, like clicking the right mouse button on an item, to sell a specific item from the soldier equip screen, at the base.

That would be especially useful for
A) When you sold everything, equip some soldier and realize you forgot something.
B) Just quickly selling a single item from the equip screen.
C) Mods with a huge amount of items, categories, items per category, a confusing naming and/or a confusing ordering. Piratez would be a candidate.
D) People who prefer graphics over lists of text.

Buying would be nice too, but there at least there is the mechanism to automatically buy depleted equipment after a combat.

Offline sudtrap

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Selling items from the soldier equipment screen
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 08:52:56 am »
You normally see such a screen when you are out on mission; meaning you'd be ineligible to sell items at that point. You'd only benefit from this at home base by going into an aircraft and then into the equipment screen.

I guess you could tag something for selling for when you go back...

I guess that sounds kind of useful. Admittedly some housekeeping falls on the wayside.

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 09:40:33 pm »
You normally see such a screen when you are out on mission; meaning you'd be ineligible to sell items at that point. You'd only benefit from this at home base by going into an aircraft and then into the equipment screen.

Just a quick addition, the soldier equipment screen can also be accessed from the soldier screen / list of a base by pressing "i" (for inventory).

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 03:22:49 am »
I can certainly see the benefit of having another way to de-clutter a base inventory.

Just head to the craft or soldier screens and click away unused or unwanted items.

A mechanic for the sale needs to be implemented. It could be some sort of CTRL SHIFT ALT and LMB or RMB, for one item (on a soldier or one on the ground) or all items on the ground or on a soldier. They will be immediately sold, so extra care would be required, especially for unique or expensive items.