aliens

Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.1  (Read 65866 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.6
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2024, 07:56:23 pm »
How for the love of god you have 19m from council? I barely scrap by selling most of the stuff since i cant keep more than 30 scientists in July of 2021 and i just got x weapons

Note that this was almost two years ago. The mod has likely changed A LOT in the meanwhile. So I'm not sure if my earlier comment is still too relevant. (I haven't played the mod since; I'd personally prefer a mod that uses completely a fantasy setting. It is difficult for me to suspend the disbelief as there are 2000's guns and weapons available but they just don't work anymore.)

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
STUFFING TROPHY
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2024, 10:53:32 am »
How for the love of god you have 19m from council? I barely scrap by selling most of the stuff since i cant keep more than 30 scientists in July of 2021 and i just got x weapons
I have same , issue, may be  the earlier release was not so strict.
(huge difference make  a capturing of enemies ...  as much as you can .. you sell them for more and score more points so in the end  you my gain increased funding from countries)

An interesting mechanism could be STUFFING  TROPHY
   - required research of both autopsy  and living specimen
   - 3 types (
        small     animal  - rats, snakes, scorpions, fire fly
        medium animal  - werewolf, minotaur, naga  ..
        huge animals    -  worms, giants , ...
       )
   - manufactured in workshop for small fee ( 500$ - 1000$ ) and mediocre time (time: 200 - 400)
   - sold for 30 000 - 50 000$

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.0
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2024, 04:40:18 pm »
   - manufactured in workshop for small fee ( 500$ - 1000$ ) and mediocre time (time: 200 - 400)
   - sold for 30 000 - 50 000$

I don't see a reason for having a monetary production cost on something that can only be sold. The only thing the fee does is prevent you from making the stuff if you are already in debt and need money badly.
Otherwise, the effect would be same as if you subtracted the cost from the value.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2024, 05:40:17 pm »
I don't see a reason for having a monetary production cost on something that can only be sold. The only thing the fee does is prevent you from making the stuff if you are already in debt and need money badly.
Otherwise, the effect would be same as if you subtracted the cost from the value.

The idea  of fee is  to be more realistic  (for studding you need something more than just a corpse)  however   pure math says, you can add/substract anything from both sides.

Offline Nonenone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2024, 08:47:32 pm »
Weird error. I cant end any battle due to error with something about spawning an unit after i kill the last enemy. The only thing i changed in save file is funding since i had problem with it

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2024, 12:21:33 am »
Version 1.1 is up.
Changelog:
- Temporary fix for an OXC (or OXCE) bug with second-stage mission deployements. Now rifts will work almost properly.
- Minor bugfixing;
- Minor prices balancing.

To Nonenone, Mathel, EleriumWind: it is all the same bug, and it is fixed with crutches and patchleather. :) Xcom spawn zone in rift missions will look ugly, but no ctd's.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2024, 02:43:19 am »
Version 1.1 is up.
That is awesome .. I confirm that rits work properly

Im playing now on Beginer difficulity and haw to lowered engineer &scientist  salary to reasonable values  (vars.ruls) :
  costEngineer: 30000
  costScientist: 35000
othervise is playing too frustrating due to lower numbers of  missions and enemies
( capturing prisoners and seeling  helps a lot but in 2021 Aug  30 S + 5 Eng Brings ~300 K $ deficit each month )
With  lab + shielded lab => 30 S the game research flawing quite fine ..

There should be some  reward for  finishing  swarm landed or shoted down UFO
 (dosens of golden jewelry , lot of mana crystals  or srystel orbs ....
 if I compare it to looting pirate ship where  is  lot of cannons , glyps and runewood to sell )

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2024, 12:10:31 pm »
Version 1.1 is up.

Thanks.

It works. Though I do wonder who built those buildings in the Acid Slug world.
Also, Ouch. The poisonous air in that world hurts even through gas masks.

Without researching Internationalization, something in south Africa and South America is eating vast amounts of points. My only base is in east Europe. Looking into the savefile, I think it's Marauders raiding places with flying boats from their camps.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 04:55:29 pm by Mathel »

Offline Nonenone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2024, 01:59:03 pm »
Version 1.1 is up.
Changelog:
- Temporary fix for an OXC (or OXCE) bug with second-stage mission deployements. Now rifts will work almost properly.
- Minor bugfixing;

To Nonenone, Mathel, EleriumWind: it is all the same bug, and it is fixed with crutches and patchleather. :) Xcom spawn zone in rift missions will look ugly, but no ctd's.

Thanks

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2024, 07:09:27 pm »
"The council of funding nations is very pleased with your excellent progress, BUT REFUSES TO INCREASE FOUNDING!!!" (Monthly score: 1219)
The funding thing is probably from original X-Com.
I understood what was going on. When alien activity is exactly 0 countries will not increase their funds no matter how well I am performing. As soon as ships start flying some countries decided to donate more.
If seriously, only those nations will increase funding, where you have missions completed.
No, this is definitely not how it works. Not in original game, not in this mod, not in any other mod I tried.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2024, 07:33:03 pm »
No, this is definitely not how it works. Not in original game, not in this mod, not in any other mod I tried.

Why are you telling the mod author how his mod works?

Nord has written a script specifically for this mod (and told you how it works).

It doesn't work like the original game and it doesn't work like any other mod... because it was modded.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.1
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2024, 08:54:31 pm »
In that case I have a bug to report.
I started in USA and completed multiple terror and monster hunting missions there -- USA is not raising their founds. (Well, I did received some 250000$ in events.)
But as soon as alien activity started in France, China and Australia, France and China raised founding, but of course I never completed missions there, not reaching.
I can attach a save file if needed. Aren't everyone else experience the same thing?

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2024, 09:14:42 pm »
My experiences are that areas where I am active raise their support, areas where I am not sometimes raise, sometimes lower.

I more have issues with extremely high alien activity in areas I can't possibly reach.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2024, 09:22:35 pm »
I more have issues with extremely high alien activity in areas I can't possibly reach.
Must become less frustrating with last bugfixes, though more for a new game. (If you have bug-spawned enemy bases - nothing will change) But i can fix your savegame, if you provide it.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2024, 10:30:07 pm »
Must become less frustrating with last bugfixes, though more for a new game. (If you have bug-spawned enemy bases - nothing will change) But i can fix your savegame, if you provide it.
Here it is. At the end of the month I would lose from negative points, even if I won every mission and shot down every airship I could catch up to.