Author Topic: Openxcom git builder updated  (Read 8589 times)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Openxcom git builder updated
« on: August 17, 2013, 09:20:51 am »
I've updated whole cross compiler environment (in preparations yaml-cpp 0.5.0). Also, thanks to this, some libraries were updated (sdl, sdl_image, sdl_mixer, sdl_gfx).

So, starting from next build, everything may be broken :)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Openxcom git builder updated
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 10:37:57 am »
New build is online. Can someone test if it still works?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »
Starts up alright, loads an older savegame... geoscape appears to be working... crashed while trying to land at a crashsite. might be because of savegame, though... in the savegame, a UFO had landed, shortly after loading it took off and was shot down but received the name "Crashsite-0", which a) shouldn't be a valid count and b) wasn't the first (or zero'th) UFO I shot down in that game.

I'm going to try a fresh game and report again :)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:45:01 pm »
Well, it may also be related with rewriting yaml code by SupSuper.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:28:14 pm »
So I started a fresh game, which hasn't crashed yet after two crashsite missions. However, all soldiers are now flattops (a.k.a. Guile), even the women... and 9 out of 10 times the bullet sprites are invisible. Also, path preview isn't rendered.

I'm going to try a fresh install next to make sure it's not a mixed file problem.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:37:06 pm »
and 9 out of 10 times the bullet sprites are invisible. Also, path preview isn't rendered.
That sounds like a problem with SDL_image.

I'll have a look at the other issues.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 04:38:53 pm »
latest try: fresh install using Steam game files, v0.9 stable and git build 2013-08-18 03:38

soldier appearances are working as they should
game loads and saves normally

bullet sprites are invisible
path preview is invisible
accidental double-mouseclicks seem more abundant than before

EDIT: possibly unrelated, but I'm capable of manufacturing laser rifles although I'm still researching Laser Rifles - when the research finishes, the screen pops up to tell me that I'm now able to manufacture Laser Rifles, but I'm already building them... ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:55:09 pm by moriarty »

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 05:18:29 pm »
That sounds like a problem with SDL_image.

I've checked it. Looks like SDL_image should support png files. You're sure it isn't related to yaml? Looks like paths to those files are in rulesets.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:33 pm »
I've checked it. Looks like SDL_image should support png files. You're sure it isn't related to yaml? Looks like paths to those files are in rulesets.
Ok it should be fixed now.

EDIT: possibly unrelated, but I'm capable of manufacturing laser rifles although I'm still researching Laser Rifles - when the research finishes, the screen pops up to tell me that I'm now able to manufacture Laser Rifles, but I'm already building them... ?
I can't reproduce this on my end. Do you have a save with this bug?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »
I can't reproduce this on my end. Do you have a save with this bug?

nope, sorry, I have overwritten it. I'm unable to reproduce it, too... maybe just a weird glitch. but I did have a savegame which had me manufacturing laser rifles while I was still researching them.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 03:23:37 am »
Starts up alright, loads an older savegame... geoscape appears to be working... crashed while trying to land at a crashsite. might be because of savegame, though... in the savegame, a UFO had landed, shortly after loading it took off and was shot down but received the name "Crashsite-0", which a) shouldn't be a valid count and b) wasn't the first (or zero'th) UFO I shot down in that game.

I'm going to try a fresh game and report again :)
This is from old saves that didn't store crashsite IDs, I'll introduce a workaround for this. Didn't get any crashes though.

So I started a fresh game, which hasn't crashed yet after two crashsite missions. However, all soldiers are now flattops (a.k.a. Guile), even the women... and 9 out of 10 times the bullet sprites are invisible. Also, path preview isn't rendered.

I'm going to try a fresh install next to make sure it's not a mixed file problem.
Soldier looks are dependent on race now, so you'll probably see a lot more Guiles. :P