aliens

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OXCE Support / Re: Filtering hired soldiers at Recruitment??
« Last post by Yankes on Today at 05:26:15 pm »
Edit game files and change soldier minimum stats. And make the hiring cost 5x higher. Problem solved.
This is bad idea, do not touch game files, create dedicated mod that change it, and if I recall correctly this idea float around
and is possible there is mod that do it already.
then try to complete a vanilla ironman game with BOXCE
I did
Truly? :o How was it? What AI settings did you use?

Ahem... To remain on topic:
press the right arrow button 7 times, what now?
Press the left arrow button 7 times? Although I tend to use thumb buttons.
The X-Com Files / Re: Old versions archive?
« Last post by Solarius Scorch on Today at 05:07:02 pm »
Man I tried out this old version of the game and it feels strange to not see enemies fishing red when hit and there is no melee attacks

If you want, you can simply copy the file HitFX-basic.rul from the current version of XCF to your ancient one. It will enable hit flashing.
OXCE Support / Re: Filtering hired soldiers at Recruitment??
« Last post by Delian on Today at 03:05:15 pm »
Edit game files and change soldier minimum stats. And make the hiring cost 5x higher. Problem solved.
The X-Com Files / Re: Old versions archive?
« Last post by varajo411 on Today at 02:35:49 pm »
Thanks, that first link was perfect and it has oxce+ included. I only had to add the usual copyrighted files and then it ran.

8)

Man I tried out this old version of the game and it feels strange to not see enemies fishing red when hit and there is no melee attacks
The X-Com Files / Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New
« Last post by varajo411 on Today at 02:05:03 pm »
I really like this mod, especially the first part before the alien invasion. I would love to extend it for another couple of years...
From time to time I return to the game, and sometimes I look at some things with a different perspective.
I understand that you have a lot of work to do, but perhaps someday you will want to give these dossiers more meaning, because this is a very good start to something more significant.

you can get natasha morozova sub mod for xcom files, that way you are given some hero units to your game that has some special abilities. the hero units are from the dossier
OXCE Support / Filtering hired soldiers at Recruitment??
« Last post by ThumpieBunnyEve on Today at 01:54:47 pm »
is there any way already in the oXcE menus, to set parameters for hiring soldiers?
I kinda blow Millions on hiring soldiers, then culling them back out when they don't have 30str and 30brave.
like 70% of these guys get to leave with a pay check for just scoring _Under_ my hiring requirement.

It makes sense that Psi School would be unique to each new higher as its part of the x-com program so evaluating and filtering soldiers based on psi-skill wouldn't be a thing. But at least i would be able to put them through a weight lifting test. And a bravery test would be as simple as injecting a drug to enhance paranoias, and putting them through an obstacle course under paintball fire and seeing if they still obeyed barked orders from sgt's.

but no 80% of these guys who show up for the tests, go home with 60,000$ just for auditioning. X_X;

I hope there is some mod for this that i am just not seeing...
Sample Y-script below and attached:

Spoiler:
extended:
  tags:
    RuleItem:
      HELLRAZOR_SUPERHUMAN_SELL_PRICE: int

scripts:
    sellCostItem:
      - offset: 12
        code: |
          var int temp;

geoscape_game.difficultyLevel temp;  # get difficulty
          if eq temp DIFF_SUPERHUMAN;
            item_rule.getTag temp Tag.HELLRAZOR_SUPERHUMAN_SELL_PRICE;  # custom item sell price
            if neq temp 0;
              set cost_current temp;
            end;
          end;

return cost_current;

items:
  - type: STR_RIFLE
    tags:
      HELLRAZOR_SUPERHUMAN_SELL_PRICE: 999
  - type: STR_RIFLE_CLIP
    tags:
      HELLRAZOR_SUPERHUMAN_SELL_PRICE: 88

Thanks for the example. I think i can work with the example you provided and play around with it until I get my desired result.

The Polish Notation is kinda hard to read btw, if you are not used to it.

I am more used to stuff like this

Code: [Select]
void init (int elem[], int nelems)
{
int i;

for (i=0; i < nelems; i++)
elem[i] = i;
}
I agree, no. But there is a path in any other direction, and we happily march in all directions at the same time.

I will simply not pollute game with hundreds configs that could even contradict each other because every one was demand by some modder.
Why not add `sellPriceCoefficient2` or `sellPriceCoefficient3`?
You wanted precise control over prices, here you have. You have near absolute control over what price are and only limits are to prevent breaking game.
If you do not want spend effort to learn basic of y-script, why we should spend our effort to fulfill your requests?

Beside any serious game engine have script capabilities.
XPiratez / Re: Everyday is Caturday Challenge Run
« Last post by drew2319 on Today at 12:40:18 pm »
Catvy's Log.

I'm currently sitting in what I assume is a bed. I assume this because the world around me feels...soft. My memories are a kaleidoscope of color and shape with no meaning or order, which sucks. I can't remember me. Or you. Or her. What little I do remember sears my mind and I shy away from it.

A flash of light, a trip down into the depths of Shadow and the darkness within us all.

I remember camaraderie. Bracing for something new, something scary. Something necessary. I remember being a cat, but not a me cat.

A skeleton collapses before my claws. Its weapon clattering to the ground, quickly snatched up by a cat who bore a face unfamiliar, but a soul wreathed in warrior fire.

I remember feeling confident. My friends around me handling the new as we had the old. Our skills and training serving us well. Demons. Undead. Nightmares? Maybe. Fear.

A pain, unlike any I had ever felt. No wounds upon my flesh, but my shining heart rent asunder, spilling its open wounds like flowing gold into the void around me. My assailant unseen. I hope they died.

I remember nothing. I sit here in this soft field, hearing whispers, a language long lost to time. Emotions flicker at the edge of it like embers off a chemical fire, colors dancing and trying to tell me their secrets.

Suddenly, clarity, sharp like Ka__n_a_'s claws, slicing through me in horrific fashion.

I'm in a Voodoo coma.
And the people outside have my soda stash.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10