aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3701907 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1230 on: November 06, 2015, 07:58:47 pm »
Yes, 'damage'. I tend to confuse this, since for me 'damage' is the end result of an attack, not a weapon stat. Looks like I wanted to change it in the pedia, but never got to actually do it, instead I was selectively blind :) So: all correct (including fuel), although with incendiary or smoke, the only meaning of the 'damage' is that it sets the blast radius (in Piratez, the convention is: incendiary is left alone, thus radius = damage/20; with Smoke - radius = damage/10-1, so it's consistent with vanilla's Smoke Grenade (Power 60, Radius 5).

And yeah, WP incendiaries calculate their damage like explosives (50-150%), so the damage rating is meaningful. This also makes them quite useful because they still ignore armor (but not Fire Resistance).

Also pls don't ask me how far you can fly on 1 unit of fuel, I honestly don't know, other than it depends inverse-proportionally on Max Speed of a craft :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:03:43 pm by Dioxine »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1231 on: November 06, 2015, 08:10:27 pm »
So, I opened the BootyPedia for the first time and I need some help translating from PirateLanguage to DummyLanguage.

1. When reading about craft, what does "Mileage" indicate exactly?

2. When reading about weapons, what are: "Skill", "POWER Bonus", "Special", "Extra Damage (Lethal)" and "Extra Pain" ? And how do they affect damage?

Not to toot a horn, but most of this is on the Bootypedia. :D

I may need to maybe have a glossary per page for specifics, but generally I think the information provided explains what those terms do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:14:14 pm by DracoGriffin »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1232 on: November 06, 2015, 08:11:14 pm »
Yes, 'damage'. I tend to confuse this, since for me 'damage' is the end result of an attack, not a weapon stat. Looks like I wanted to change it in the pedia, but never got to actually do it, instead I was selectively blind :) So: all correct (including fuel), although with incendiary or smoke, the only meaning of the 'damage' is that it sets the blast radius (in Piratez, the convention is: incendiary is left alone, thus radius = damage/20; with Smoke - radius = damage/10-1, so it's consistent with vanilla's Smoke Grenade (Power 60, Radius 5).

And yeah, WP incendiaries calculate their damage like explosives (50-150%), so the damage rating is meaningful. This also makes them quite useful because they still ignore armor (but not Fire Resistance).

Also pls don't ask me how far you can fly on 1 unit of fuel, I honestly don't know, other than it depends inverse-proportionally on Max Speed of a craft :)

I was totally looking for some of this information for the built in formulas that you didn't specify directly in the rulesets. I'll have to make a note of adding this.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 06, 2015, 08:29:17 pm »

Ooh..! Time to take a second look at WP stuff! Sounds like a good way to dispose of personal armor and potentially an even better ammo than explosives, especially if the frontline gals all wear heavy or Juggernaut armor. No friendly fire, walk in a craft and spray everything!

But.. does it deal damage to items/terrain? Especially nuclear fuel, engines and slave AIs.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1234 on: November 06, 2015, 08:51:13 pm »
No, it's still fire, so no terrain/item damage. Although since you've mentioned it, it might actually make more sense if it did... :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 06, 2015, 09:10:17 pm »
Maybe it could do less incendiary damage (still more than the default very small values), but also do some explosive damage? It would allow it to damage hazmat suits a bit, but also damage terrain.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 06, 2015, 09:12:08 pm »
Found a typo:

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 06, 2015, 09:55:50 pm »
When people said that cyclops were invinicible they werente kidding
https://imgur.com/PQln9JM
I remember that i was using a fire weapon and i think it was stunned and falled unconsious by itself. but then standed back up with these stats,im not sure i as i was loading saves and i cant remember which instance it was.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 06, 2015, 10:18:02 pm »
@Zharkov: hum.. looks like there is another type. Voodoo power * 0.015?? as in 1.5% of voodoo power? you'd need 2000 voodoo power to do 30 damage, that sounds a bit off.

@doctor medic: Lots of life, low armor, sounds manageable. The harsh ones are things with high armor where you can hit 'em a million times without doing anything..

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 06, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »
I leted some turns to pass and it still stayed up,its definetly a bug

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 06, 2015, 10:30:23 pm »
standing with 0 hp.. Now I see what you meant! That is weird! if you deal more stun or damage, does it go down?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 06, 2015, 10:36:28 pm »
even tried to heal it but it didnt even heal its stun damage.
Is there a way to remove a unit from battlescape in the save file?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1242 on: November 06, 2015, 10:43:24 pm »
@Zharkov: hum.. looks like there is another type. Voodoo power * 0.015?? as in 1.5% of voodoo power? you'd need 2000 voodoo power to do 30 damage, that sounds a bit off.

@doctor medic: Lots of life, low armor, sounds manageable. The harsh ones are things with high armor where you can hit 'em a million times without doing anything..

It was supposed to be VooDoo Mastery (the psi 'attack strength' which is Skill * Power)
About Cyclops: no idea what's going on, it must be some strange (ie. buggy) build you're using, or you've bugged it by editing the save... I've killed or captured like a 100 of them without such stuff happening.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 06, 2015, 10:49:30 pm »
AAh.. my knowledge of voodoo is lacking, I see! Makes more sense. I hope the star gods don't have 100/100 like some XCom troopers! Hard to survive 150 damage straight to life.

As for the other comment, is that aimed at me? (I do use a strange patched build, but not a buggy one! nor do I have any problems with cyclops.. never seen them actually.. Still in October doing pirate wannabe stuff!)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 06, 2015, 11:04:06 pm »
Im using the latest build and i havent edited anything,i have changed the ruleset so i can have the option to enable debug if i want but i havent used it in the battle.