Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New  (Read 2016302 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New
« Reply #6030 on: May 01, 2024, 03:02:00 pm »
But Cavemen aren't random civilians, hi-tech or even modern tech isn't their vibe. Dinosaur riding is where it's at.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: May 01, 2024, 04:20:39 pm »
I suppose the easiest way to "fix" this, if anything is needed at all, would be to replace the craft with spawn tiles - if that works for that specific kind of mission. Then you can just explain this so that some vehicle dropped them nearby to avoid detection and they just walked on the mission site. The only a little bit shady aspect with that might be how they carried the huge loot pile on the site...

If needed, a similar approach can be used with some other missions as well, if there is any need to make any mission harder (= no turn 1 or later cover provided by the craft).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6032 on: May 01, 2024, 09:34:46 pm »
But Cavemen aren't random civilians, hi-tech or even modern tech isn't their vibe. Dinosaur riding is where it's at.

You're right, but forbidding the Dragonfly would feel a bit too mean.

I suppose the easiest way to "fix" this, if anything is needed at all, would be to replace the craft with spawn tiles - if that works for that specific kind of mission. Then you can just explain this so that some vehicle dropped them nearby to avoid detection and they just walked on the mission site. The only a little bit shady aspect with that might be how they carried the huge loot pile on the site...

I've just had the same idea as I was replying to Juku. :) Maybe indeed it's the best option...

Offline ducanishah

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: May 01, 2024, 10:44:01 pm »
Does this mod add reload cost depending on what part of the inventory the ammo is coming from? e.g. Does reloading from the QD slot happen faster than reloading from the belt/backpack? I do know some weapons reload faster/slower, and know how to check the nerd stats for that.

Thank you!

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: May 02, 2024, 12:40:06 am »
Well, it adds the 'move to hands' cost. So in a sense, yes.

Does some mod actually not do that?

Offline ducanishah

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New
« Reply #6035 on: May 02, 2024, 12:49:17 am »
I don't know about any mods, but I'm pretty sure in the base game it takes a straight 15tu without regard for where you're pulling the ammo from.

Thank you!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New
« Reply #6036 on: May 02, 2024, 11:25:42 am »
I don't know about any mods, but I'm pretty sure in the base game it takes a straight 15tu without regard for where you're pulling the ammo from.

Thank you!

In the base game yes, but XCF indeed has variable costs for moving equipment between slots. This applies to loading as well.