aliens

Author Topic: Having issues getting some events to trigger  (Read 760 times)

Offline Jaedar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Having issues getting some events to trigger
« on: December 03, 2023, 10:26:20 pm »
Hello,

I'm having some issues getting some events to trigger in my game (playing on N5).
I've looked in xpedia, and I've had the conditions for "Crumbling Message" satisfied for an in game year, it hasn't appeared. Same for "Crypt of the technomancer". I also appear to be missing out on a decent chunk of the tech tree because I never found a shadow lamp (there was one bogeyman swarm that spawned early on, but I didn't have the airgame necessary to kill it, and haven't seen one since despite having 80%+ of earth's landmass covered in hyperwave decoders).

Is this just normal variance and I'm getting unlucky? Or did something break somewhere? I'm almost in 2604, and currently burning through all the star god plasma techs. Would be sad if I end up having to beat the game without some of these things triggering, they seem cool. I have attached a save file since it might be relevant.

Offline Jaedar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Having issues getting some events to trigger
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 12:52:59 pm »
(apologies for double posting)

If the above must remain a mystery, is there an easy way to edit the save file to force an event/ufo to appear? Perhaps there is a guide somewhere on how to do it in general?

Offline wont

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 12:29:19 am »
Out of curiosity I ran your save for a month or two and got at least two unique events, one of which was the crumbling message. I would suggest to freshly re-install the newest version.

Offline Jaedar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 11:08:47 am »
Out of curiosity I ran your save for a month or two and got at least two unique events, one of which was the crumbling message. I would suggest to freshly re-install the newest version.
I guess I will try this. A bit worried that upgrading will wreck my save in some different way though.
 I'll likely also edit my save to get the shadowlamp, since it seems easy to edit. And since I think I figured out the basics of reading the save file, I guess I can also reroll the month until I get what I want.