Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1117166 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3435 on: January 03, 2023, 01:52:46 pm »
Rather I envision them running around like headless chickens screaming while trying to go in general terms in the opposite direction of what ever alien/monster is in their LOS.
Heresy!

Don't you know that the true X-Com civilian always runs in the opposite direction from any extraction zone, all the while creating jams in doorways and trying to get in the line of fire between aliens and friendly forces? :P

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: January 03, 2023, 05:20:39 pm »
I stopped having alienites in the game. I flew into the hybrid embassy 10 times, and all 10 times there were 2 alien dates. That's 20 1-to-1 checks. Or is it a terrible setback, or is there a limit of AI stones in the game? Although there is another option that the loot cap is created 1 time, and is repeated with each flight. Which of these is true?

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: January 03, 2023, 06:40:48 pm »
Heresy!

Don't you know that the true X-Com civilian always runs in the opposite direction from any extraction zone, all the while creating jams in doorways and trying to get in the line of fire between aliens and friendly forces? :P
Is that better or worse than civilians running into your Skyranger, picking up a rocket launchers they have no idea how to use and joining the fight?

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: January 03, 2023, 07:37:52 pm »
I have a problem with the "League Node" mission. I knocked everyone on the map out and have explored the whole map. And yet the mission still isn't succeeding.

Like what is the objective if not capturing everyone?

PS. I know it is in fact everyone because bug hunt mode tells me so.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:39:24 pm by PPQ »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: January 03, 2023, 08:09:41 pm »
@SBBurzmali: Touché. :)

I have a problem with the "League Node" mission. I knocked everyone on the map out and have explored the whole map. And yet the mission still isn't succeeding.

AFAIK, getting everyone is the mission objective. Perhaps one has run to a higher elevation and doesn't show up as easily?

Otherwise, post your save. Maybe it is a bug, in which case Meridian will want it anyway.

I flew into the hybrid embassy 10 times, and all 10 times there were 2 alien dates. That's 20 1-to-1 checks. Or is it a terrible setback, or is there a limit of AI stones in the game? Although there is another option that the loot cap is created 1 time, and is repeated with each flight. Which of these is true?
AFAIK, there are no item limits, and the terrain is created when you land. Since the check is 3-to-1, that's ~0.3% chance. Not entirely impossible. So I'd go with 'a terrible setback'. :D

alien dates
BTW, you mean these? :P

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: January 03, 2023, 09:19:12 pm »
AFAIK, getting everyone is the mission objective. Perhaps one has run to a higher elevation and doesn't show up as easily?
Nope. As said, bug hunt mode is on and it marked everyone on the map. And I have an agent currently staring down each of their knocked out bodies.

Feel free to try it your self.

Edit: I just used debug mode to verify the situation and there are indeed NO others left.
CTRL-J does work to win the level though so something is bugged.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 09:24:32 pm by PPQ »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: January 03, 2023, 09:54:06 pm »
Well, I see a live VIP who shows up on bughunt scanners just fine. ???

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: January 04, 2023, 12:47:29 am »
He did not show up for me. That is odd.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: January 04, 2023, 12:53:25 am »
But you did find him in that neighbourhood? Or he doesn't show up in-game, either, not just the bug-hunt map?

Can you take a screenshot of the same location and elevation, and preferably also tell us what OS you're running XCF on? Maybe there is some sort of bughunt bug :) going on, but I tried with both 2.5+OXCE 7.6 and 2.7+OXCE 7.8.4 and the VIP showed up both times.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 12:55:23 am by Juku121 »

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: January 04, 2023, 08:01:28 am »
My guess is, he just has to scroll levels on the map to see the VIP, as it shows particular level.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3445 on: January 05, 2023, 11:27:33 am »
At vampire castle, your stash can be generated on stairs. So you won't get it back when aborting the mission.
Same for shogg village.

Hmm, can't replicate this.

Every craft that has lifted beam/cannon can equip both beams and cannons. That is, except Starfighter - beams only. Is this intended?

Yes, as an alien ship, it was not designed for traditional weapon mounting. In fact, it only should accept laser cannons, but that would be too anal.

I don't know if there is anything you can reasonably do about this but I find that the civilians, especially unarmed ones are far too suicidal. Like, I've seen them charge in to punch aliens and monsters. Is this intended or a bug or just something you can't do anything about?

Sorry, I already made them as cautious as possible, but they are still rather aggressive. The only way to make them less suicidal would be to take away their fist attack, and that would only make them dumb and helpless.

Immersion breaking more than annoying really. Like, I'd expect them to run around in panic.

Me too, but there's no such function in the AI.

Scorpoids have "stealthy" in their description, but don't have camo.

Good point, they should.

Also, every single Shogg encounter is rendered almost null by having flying gear - spiders, scorpoids, antmen, zombies. Strixes, stingrifles, and antmen spit do spice up things a little, but it's still pretty bland.
Maybe add some flying variants or straight up gift them a couple of gauss rifles?

Never felt that way, but I dislike flying armours in general, so I don't use them much.

Not sure what to do with that, since they shouldn't have anything too good. Maybe I'm exaggerating.

I stopped having alienites in the game. I flew into the hybrid embassy 10 times, and all 10 times there were 2 alien dates. That's 20 1-to-1 checks. Or is it a terrible setback, or is there a limit of AI stones in the game? Although there is another option that the loot cap is created 1 time, and is repeated with each flight. Which of these is true?

WTF is an alienite?

Is that better or worse than civilians running into your Skyranger, picking up a rocket launchers they have no idea how to use and joining the fight?

What you described is the best scenario! :)

It's not possible for any mission to continue when there are no active enemy units, no exceptions.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: January 05, 2023, 01:38:32 pm »
Hmm, can't replicate this.
I confirm the problem. My inventory appeared on the elevator on such missions as an alien Colony, an alien base and an embassy of hybrids. Moreover, on the alien colony, it was not even on an elevator, or a green cage, but naturally on the lower tier of the base under the feet of one of the agents who stood there at the start of the mission. Naturally, during the first few moves, the inventory was destroyed by an explosion, and the retreat meant that it was impossible to take the inventory with you. The first time I encountered this was when I flew into an alien colony many times in a row, so that the resp turned out to be near the corner block of the base. By clicking retreat without a single step by the agents, my entire inventory was lost. the only thing I did was move one agent from the elevator cage to the green one for evacuation. This agent was standing at start on the elevator cage and there was also inventory. Now, whenever I see something like this, I have a choice, either to fight to the last, or to lose inventory.

WTF is an alienite?

Alenium shard, but it doesn't matter anymore, because it really turned out to be a bad fortune. The AI stone did appear.

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: January 05, 2023, 03:39:52 pm »
Is there any reason the toxin line of weapons are as weak as they are? They seem to take a significant amount of research to develop, but I've yet to find a case where they are even competitive with much earlier acquired stun weapons.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: January 05, 2023, 05:43:50 pm »
Is there any reason the toxin line of weapons are as weak as they are? They seem to take a significant amount of research to develop, but I've yet to find a case where they are even competitive with much earlier acquired stun weapons.
The canister gun has been an ultimatum universal substitute for any occasion for a very long time.

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: January 08, 2023, 02:25:19 pm »
I have a question. Is it intended that both the basic and advanced grenade launchers have an aimed range of 200 but the MGL only has 20. I mean, it might be a balancing thing to even out the magazine but it strikes me as being a bit... much.