Author Topic: Cyberweb Lair, route blocked  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Charly1

• Captain
    • View Profile
Cyberweb Lair, route blocked
« on: October 09, 2022, 07:26:11 am »
I had a sewer map withh three connecting rooms across but all of the doors had walls behind.

Fortunately I had some HE to blow a hole in the wall. IS this what I was meant to do. Or did this map have a bug?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberweb Lair, route blocked
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 10:06:06 am »
Yes, it's supposed to be like that. Well, more a mapscript hiccup Solarius thought funny and thus retconned as 'of course you need explosives to move around sewers'.

This and the caves are a good reason to always bring some pickaxes. Well, or swole dudes like this guy. ;D

Offline Charly1

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 10:17:47 am »
Ahhh...

I was panicing because I used up all my high explosives, and keep getting more Cyberweb stuff.

What stuff can penetrate walls?

A pick axe?

Thats a diffferent axe in the picture?

Would a bardiche do the job, as I have one on the backseat?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 11:53:39 am »
A lot of stuff can destroy walls. A pickaxe is indeed the dedicated early-game tool for that. Explosives, as you've discovered.

Due to damage scaling to stats, a bunch of the bigger melee weapons can be used to dig as well once you have a jacked agent. The picture from before had a mid-game-ish agent using a plain axe to dig through walls. A bardiche is even better.

It's kinda silly in that that the same soldier from the last picture can do this (even with a regular axe, though it takes a few tries to knock down one wall; the giant axe usually only needs one swing), removing any need for endgame laser cutters and fusion torches. But Solarius likes his melee.

Offline Charly1

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 12:35:44 am »
Lol

The biggest satisfaction this games beings me is punching people in the head. 1. Its funnier 2. Its cheaper than a stun prod

Training up using a combat knife on zombie missions is a must.

Need to prepare for the "Welcome to Earth" moments when the invasion starts... Sectoids have a glass jaw.

In fact... What we really need in the game is a cigar