Author Topic: Old versions archive? (solved)  (Read 414 times)

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
Old versions archive? (solved)
« on: May 09, 2024, 10:37:07 am »
I liked playing 0.6, but sadly updated to newer versions (0.8.9 , 1.7 , ...) that were much too complex for me to have fun playing them. Would like to play 0.6 again, but can not find it on mod.io.

So is there an archive, where I could find it?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 01:17:25 pm by Varana »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Old versions archive?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 11:03:51 am »
Those versions would no longer work with any even remotely recent version of OXCE. If you manage to find an an ancient version, I'll just note here that you'll need to find an ancient version of OXCE as well.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 12:14:44 pm »
I doubt there's an archive, since at that point XCF wasn't even on Github.

I looked and I do have something called XCF 0.6 in a forgotten directory. Don't know if it's the actual 0.6, but it probably is. Linky.

In that same directory I also found an OXCE+ archive. Apparently, this was before OXCE and OXCE+ merged. Linky.

You probably also need an OXC build that doesn't conflict with those. I don't seem to have a corresponding version of that, and I don't know if you can access earlier nightlies somehow.

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 12:58:36 pm »
Thanks, that first link was perfect and it has oxce+ included. I only had to add the usual copyrighted files and then it ran.

8)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 12:24:10 am by Varana »

Offline varajo411

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 02:35:49 pm »
Thanks, that first link was perfect and it has oxce+ included. I only had to add the usual copyrighted files and then it ran.

8)

Man I tried out this old version of the game and it feels strange to not see enemies fishing red when hit and there is no melee attacks

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2024, 05:07:02 pm »
Man I tried out this old version of the game and it feels strange to not see enemies fishing red when hit and there is no melee attacks

If you want, you can simply copy the file HitFX-basic.rul from the current version of XCF to your ancient one. It will enable hit flashing.

Offline varajo411

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 12:53:26 pm »
If you want, you can simply copy the file HitFX-basic.rul from the current version of XCF to your ancient one. It will enable hit flashing.

Cool, I did not know that. Anyway, I played this older version of the game for an hour or two. it was interesting to compare it to the current version of the game. I prefer the newest version with some submods.