aliens

Author Topic: UFO interception in Piratez  (Read 8023 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: UFO interception in Piratez
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 03:29:01 pm »
It's a feature in the code, but Piratez do not use it. Every game month has the same chances for spawning items on a given mission/rank.

Offline Wayans

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 03:38:12 am »
Ah, ok. Police equates Megapol for me. And the poster before explicitly mentioned the blue police vessels.

Eventually ships have better equipped troops probably based on my own researched tech, but since I don't know what triggers which changes it's still safe to say "to check what new tech they have"

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 11:24:06 am »
Yes, missions do change a little in Piratez. Which means you'll see new ships, etc. But the same ship/faction/rank will also have the same chances to spawn a given item.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 01:36:37 pm »
Bottom-line:
Tough missions remain tough while the early missions get much easier with every new piece of equipment and armor.
Military transports spawn only in the early game to give the most benefits and vanish entirely thereafter.
In Year 2 they should stop spawning (for government / spartan factions; never seen a different faction piloting them).

It's barely any difference in difficulty if a civilian ship spawns more nerf-lasers and i-guns if they can't hit anything at all.
With the fielding of heavy suits all those early missions turn into a cakewalk and you've to worry more about environmental hazards rather than rolling a lucky dice to prevent a ol' revolver from rolling a 52 and hitting your left/right armor.