aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3711118 times)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97C - 15 Jan - Privatizing World Peace
« Reply #1845 on: January 18, 2016, 04:37:55 pm »
I was complaining about the church till I met the mercs. Thank GOD for melee. >:(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1846 on: January 18, 2016, 05:01:37 pm »
A teaser :)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 18, 2016, 05:23:56 pm »
A teaser :)

Hah, nice. Speaking of not being on fire, if any of the gals has indeed caught on fire, is there any way to put it out prematurely?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1848 on: January 18, 2016, 05:33:41 pm »
None so far, but maybe something in the future, if coding it down is deemed to be worth the time.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 18, 2016, 08:07:38 pm »
What about the blackops shotgun?It seems to be too far in the list to be as usefull as the kustom blunderbuss or the super shotty.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1851 on: January 18, 2016, 08:23:35 pm »
Depends on your luck - and preferences, mil shotgun/AP doesn't appeal to everyone. Wasn't supposed to be a mainstay weapon, just a lucky bonus if you have just the right stuff. You can get it as early as March. I think I will replace the most faction-dependant requirement, though.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 19, 2016, 12:59:25 am »
No idea. It's either hardcoded or irrelevant (I've lost the OG once due to running out of cash, but never due to neg. score).
I believe it's triggered by two consecutive months of negative score. It's pretty hard to do in the OG except in the early months of Superhuman if you don't know what you're doing.

Her name is Koko, and she is loco.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 19, 2016, 08:37:03 am »
Depends on your luck - and preferences, mil shotgun/AP doesn't appeal to everyone. Wasn't supposed to be a mainstay weapon, just a lucky bonus if you have just the right stuff. You can get it as early as March. I think I will replace the most faction-dependant requirement, though.

That gun is wack when used against the Mercs. I am trying to push to being able to build lasers - research needs to be faster. What is helping me is my custom armor but there is only so much punishment it can take.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1854 on: January 19, 2016, 11:55:28 am »
Don't be ridiculous, it's just a shotgun, what did you expect it to do against Mercs?

Also, any further posts about cheating will be moved to "Cheater ZOO" sub-board. Nothing personal, I'm just a love crusader and my religion says to hate wizards and charming rogues. So it's a religious war.

@Devon_v
Yeah I guess now I know the identity of another of 4 dragons that will appear in this gameworld :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1855 on: January 19, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »
Some experimentation I'm making... 4 level bases, basically. Here's some concept map: adding severs below and air ducts/service corridors above (some facilities would stretch for more than 2 levels, though). It would mean more FUN when defending bases... Naturally, going for it would mean an insane amount of work since all RMPs would have to be repaired (moved 1 level up, which is AFAIK possible only by remaking them from scratch...).

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 19, 2016, 02:59:40 pm »
Don't be ridiculous, it's just a shotgun, what did you expect it to do against Mercs?

Is it a useless weapon vs. Mercs because it is a shotgun or because it does Armor Piercing damage? I just fired a RPG - HE at one during a base raid and nothing visible happened.  :o

Only Melee works for me.

PS wrt cheating or using custom mods, we will have to agree to disagree.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 19, 2016, 03:21:37 pm »
Mercs dont really have any weaknesses,you have to relly on lasers and gaus,even the mercenary hwp is really good as one punch from it can stun them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1858 on: January 19, 2016, 03:33:24 pm »
Finding out how to deal with Mercs is as easy as researching their synthsuits, duh. Or checking the online Bootypedia if you don't mind spoilers. I can't really see any difficulty here.

Cheating or not cheating is not a matter of agreement, but personal beliefs. It's your right to do it and my right to call it heresy.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1859 on: January 19, 2016, 03:54:58 pm »
Some experimentation I'm making... 4 level bases, basically. Here's some concept map: adding severs below and air ducts/service corridors above (some facilities would stretch for more than 2 levels, though). It would mean more FUN when defending bases... Naturally, going for it would mean an insane amount of work since all RMPs would have to be repaired (moved 1 level up, which is AFAIK possible only by remaking them from scratch...).

If you forget about the sewer and only add the corridor levels, will it be possible to keep the routes?

And mercs are easy to handle with the right setup.