Author Topic: [SUGGESTION-CUT][#015] Auto heal for all wounded soldiers ("Auto-end battle" on)  (Read 6495 times)

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
15) When the option "Auto-end battle" is set to "YES", and the player has injured soldiers that can be treat with the Medi-Kit, display a window to inform player that there is no more aliens but he can treat his soldiers.

Example:

"There is no more aliens, but you can treat x injured soldier(s), would you like to treat them before quitting the combat?
(with 2 buttons in the window)
"Yes" "End the combat (or No)"

Quoting myself:

Yes, more simplier and more effective to automatically heal all the wounded soldiers; and the window only appears if the XCom team has not enough Medit-Kit to heal all soldiers, and the player has to choose which soldiers he want to heal (ex: only 1 Medit-Kit with 5 Heals left and 3 soldiers with a total of 8 Fatal Wounds to heal).

Cut from this thread on demand for better convenience:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2279.0

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Yeah, this should be doable. Prolonging battle to just make it to the wounded person (to shorten their hospital time) is nonsensical.

Or perhaps we can simplify things and just automatically heal everyone regardless if there are medikits - after the battle we can use other measures.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Yes

Ok with solar's proposition as a simple way to implement
Perhaps just add a message in bottom of mission status "Injured soldiers will receive basic first aid during the fly"

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
tricky one. using med-kits in-battle to reduce after-battle hospital time is really too much of an exploit to me... that's actually one thing I like about XCOM2012: you can patch soldiers up in battle, but every wound (any damage that exceeds their armor rating) they receive in combat needs to be treated afterward. even if you bring a heavily wounded soldier back to "full health" in battle, he goes to the med bay when you get back.

on the other hand, if (in openxcom) you can do it while the battle is still underway, there's really no good reason to say "well, but they can't do it after the battle... it needs alien shooting at you to use a medkit"

so I'm kind of ambivalent about this.  :P

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
you get an bit health back f you heal wounds during battel but never more then 2*wounds iirc
so if you have a 30/60 health soldier with 2 deadly wounds you can heal him at most up to 34 that not really an exploit just logical the earlier you treat a injury the better the healing chance

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
you get an bit health back f you heal wounds during battel but never more then 2*wounds iirc
so if you have a 30/60 health soldier with 2 deadly wounds you can heal him at most up to 34 that not really an exploit just logical the earlier you treat a injury the better the healing chance

right, so that makes sense. at the end of a battle, you should be prompted if you want to use the available medkit charges (of all medkits present on the battlefield) to treat your soldiers' wounds before/while flying home.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
Yeah, it works for the medikits, but you can mod some other item that is more efficient or something, so this balance shouldn't be breakable by modding...

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
you can have more heal-unit in a modded medikits but you still do not get more health (the amount of wound stays the same) you just can use a modded medikit more often

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
you can have more heal-unit in a modded medikits but you still do not get more health (the amount of wound stays the same) you just can use a modded medikit more often

I think the rum in Piratez heals better... But I'm not sure, and I can't check it now.

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
-1, XCOM is not for the weak.  You got shot blasted by a grenade, and your buddy next to you has 2 fatal wounds from sectoid sharpshooter on a roof. 

But you are both heading home, and he gets to live despite the 14 hour flight on the rickety ole' SkyRanger.  Should be happy he's making it back alive at all.  You've been patched good enough that you made it back to base, despite the fact that not one of you medkit to spare your mate. 

Keep it hardcore.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
-1, XCOM is not for the weak.  You got shot blasted by a grenade, and your buddy next to you has 2 fatal wounds from sectoid sharpshooter on a roof. 

But you are both heading home, and he gets to live despite the 14 hour flight on the rickety ole' SkyRanger.  Should be happy he's making it back alive at all.  You've been patched good enough that you made it back to base, despite the fact that not one of you medkit to spare your mate. 

Keep it hardcore.

I'm all for "hardcore", but a situation when you're actively prolonging the battle to keep your wounded soldiers alive is just plain insane.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:15:42 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Implemented here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/2f6df1d453af55ae754d52f60a05d52e24a63f5a

No auto-heal, but you get a chance to finish playing the current turn and tend to your wounded.