Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3730306 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.96 - 20 Nov - News of the World
« Reply #1485 on: November 28, 2015, 07:54:52 am »
The first flaw is an engine flaw. Some trajectories are impossible, yet the engine allows to shoot. So ask the devs.

HE rounds ALWAYS use 'TFTD' damage roll, so the second one is irrelevant.

niculinux

« Reply #1486 on: November 28, 2015, 10:42:34 am »
It's also a matter of workload. If you give me guns with finished pixel art, that's taking 50-75% workload off me (depending on gfx quality), but 25% times 40 guns is still 10 other objects which might be more interesting to the player. If you just throw an idea, I have to choose between more or less useless 'variety' gun and something which actually is needed to call it 1.0.

About the hammer... no, dropping its damage (which DOES heavily depend on Melee) would be too gamey. A hammer is a hammer. Well, this is a magical hammer that always hits, but it still has its mass. The very fact that Meridian calls it 'the only reliable weapon' means it has to be nerfed. Not much. I'm just upping the TU use from 24 to 30 (and the same goes for its little brother, Pickaxe, 20 to 26 TUs). And Stamina cost stays the same as it is now. Once your gals get 90-100 TUs, 30 won't be that painful. See? No less dependable, just more Kamikaze :)

Otoh, Meridian, no more 100% Fire Immune enemies, as you have unassailably reasoned! Except for Power Armor, but I'm thinking about making them vulnerable too, but only to WP shells (0.1 Fire Res will reduce their fire damage to taking 1 HP per each 6 Flamer blasts/flaming floors, and immune to catching fire, but still able to be somewhat burnt by eg. Mortar WP shells - they'll cause 4-13 damage, which might make a difference on a 40-60 HP enemy). I need also to rething gal's Fire Res, naturally... the 'no more fire res' should work both ways...

EDIT: actually, I think there are too many weapons available from the start, discouraging reading, I'd rather move some of the non-neccesities (like, not the Panzerfaust for sure, it has to stay) to a bulk Contact-like, early & cheap research so the player is introduced more gradually. But Moar Gunz seems like a good idea (if not worth the huge effort at this point).

Well..time for a "call to arms"? Maybe someone may want to open a thread where to post contributions? (seriously, no joke)ù!) Wuld be an awesome thing!! I made a preyy pathetic attempt opening my own thread but' i'm abolutely sure you guys here may be lots better!! Take for example gifty's garage or other possibly sources for inspiration may be here

@Arthanor: I'm kinda curious to see some contributions of yours!!

@Dioxine, i absolutely agree with what you stated above, especially to more gradually introduced weapons; fort example heavy shotgun and combat shotgun should not be present in the black market, these are kinda more advanced weapons to be stolen/researched from other factions; eventually these may be fine replaced by a carabine in the BM, something intermediate between SMG and a rifle with a bit less TU required to fire than a rifle but no autoshot. (m-14 ruger maybe?)

Another interestin' thing i already wrote some posts ago is related muskets and flintlocks pistols: 1 shot per chamber for both, but balls magazine with 5 bullets instead of 3, firing and reloading TU are fine as they are now. That would make the game a bit more realistic, also more "melee-oriented" (at least at the beginning, but mostly would be a serious incentive to player to keep looting/researching better weapons.

niculinux

« Reply #1487 on: November 28, 2015, 12:03:33 pm »
Alo, a nice move may be to replace the vanilla skyranger with  Roxis123's X-95 Blackbird, it's a verysuperultracool and futuristic plane that would perfectly suit the game. Or at least with a modified skyranger, there's some stuff in the ources post i mentioned above, like Aldorn's one ;)

Edit: as i stated before, in the 0.96 download, the OXCE_Piratez_readme.txt file, in the directory XPiratez readme/ still displays an olr version number, the 0.95b. Screenie attached :)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:58:02 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1488 on: November 28, 2015, 11:51:17 pm »
Talking about the next release...

Welcome to Hell.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 29, 2015, 02:35:13 am »
*stares at the bushes* Are those shurbifiers?  :-\

Looking forward to it!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1490 on: November 29, 2015, 02:55:24 am »
*stares at the bushes* Are those shurbifiers?  :-\

kinsoku jikō desu~

(but there will be more than 1 new fun way to die terrain in the next release)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 29, 2015, 05:32:07 am »
 :o

I better not tell the gals.. :D

niculinux

« Reply #1492 on: November 29, 2015, 07:37:26 pm »
Just playing at the 4 on 5 difficulty level (Davis Jones who the jack was he :D ) and some considerations: our abilities should not a research topic, but by default present in lore at the start, along with our "fight" and "primitive weapons" so that player may be able to make them at the start, also because bow, crossbow and spears are known since the dawn of the mankind....maybe some othere things may be added, that may need more "thinking" :) also because at this level the enemies did not even miss a shot..on the  second of jaunary 2601!!!!

Also "Personal armor parts" should be renamed "Security human armor" or something, maybe the gal do not know what is a personal armor; also it may unlock "basic armor" while "tools and blades" may be in the base research tree...as for flintlock "clips" i suggested above may be better if those have 6 bullets, and shoud be fairly light to carry..

edit: i think there is still some general fine tuning to do, but most is done, some little stuff  and 2-3 missions to add maybe.. but still huge difference between 3 and 4 difficulty level, so if i'll keep playng gonna stick witn the third ;) as for hell screenshot...things are likely to go south!! :D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:36:49 pm by niculinux »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 29, 2015, 09:22:43 pm »
Talking about the next release...

Welcome to Hell.
reminds me of the petrified underground forest of the vault under industria, from the anime future boy conan.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1494 on: November 29, 2015, 09:27:56 pm »
Already another version on the horizon?

I'm caught between excitement and joy... but dread because I still haven't really reached the end-game in majority of my playthroughs without there being another version released (Farthest has been Annihilator Armor but hadn't even unlocked the end-game "keys").

With Commendations built in now, that'd be a really great release for the next version. I've just been wracking my head and not sure what pirates would award (other than booty and not being dead). Sashes, fancy bitz, (some) medals, pins, necklaces; I figure, the more "flair" a pirate has (see any of the grizzled/"veteran" pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean series), that's more indicative of their status or rank?

I looked at the Commendations ruleset and yikes. The workload to bring that up to PirateZ level with all the extra ranks and factions is crazy.

niculinux

« Reply #1495 on: November 29, 2015, 10:05:49 pm »
Personally, it' almost two years i play the game and never ever really ended the year 2601 (!!!!!!). Until the 1.0 will come out my playng would be more kinda "testful". But as imstated above, most is done, we will see hopefully fina version by june/july 2016...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 29, 2015, 10:42:47 pm »
So far I've been through.. 4 updates? It's not that hard to upgrade. The only big change was around the shift to OXCE.

Keep it up Dioxine!  :D

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 29, 2015, 11:03:06 pm »
Had some Reticulan Missions a few days ago.  Two problems - when killed/stunned the Elder uses the Hybrid corpse, and the Siren corpse just looks like a Hybrid with a bad wig.

So I did a quick recolour and presto - a better Siren corpse. (the mod I made for it crashes the game though).

If any one wants to use my recolour below - feel free.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1498 on: November 29, 2015, 11:13:28 pm »
I looked at the Commendations ruleset and yikes. The workload to bring that up to PirateZ level with all the extra ranks and factions is crazy.

No worries, the latest OXCE build doesn't support Commendations yet. But it does support Mission Scripting.
There will be some work associated with carrying saves over to 0.97, but all you need will be outlined here.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 30, 2015, 02:42:19 am »
1: Witness distress signal from "The Star Gods" Pogrom
2: Outfit the gals to deal with highest damage gear regardless of type to deal with cyclops
3: Fly the Bonny to the pogrom
4: Deploy and crazy stuff flies by the lead scout
5: Look around: "You mean.. actual staR GODS?! More than one?!"
6: Star God tanks 6 auto-cannon shots: "We're outta here gals, no way we're going through this."

-655 points ensue, DioxiiIIIINE!!!

Even when it feels like you have everything under control and can handle what the game throws at you, there's still some surprises :D