aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 314725 times)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #1005 on: April 19, 2024, 05:35:11 pm »
It's important that Ball Bat hit sound be changed to this.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1006 on: April 20, 2024, 11:55:40 am »
It's important that Ball Bat hit sound be changed to this.

Your wish has been granted. ;D

5 minutes job, but seems to work fine.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 24, 2024, 02:46:19 am »
SS have the skyknight, but its late and requires a specific path with dr x.
Catgirls get flycat, which is very similar to lokks nightflyer.

Here's an idea for flying slave soldiers:

Rocketman
patterned after the rocket propelled jetpacks shown in the flying armors ufopedia splash screen. Except there's the catch that they're 0% damage smoke protective rather than space suits.

Because like other tongue in cheek references he'll get enemies high as a kite too - he has a forced item chemical sprayer that douses enemies (20 damage spread) with hallucinogenic compound (use UAC Space Suit movement sound).

Requires researching green lighter, smugglers (to get access to hallucinogen grenades), smokey armor, and pest control manager for gals to get the idea.

Production requires a smokey armor, grav pack, about 20-30 hallucinogen grenades.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1008 on: April 24, 2024, 11:23:03 am »
With the addition of "hand craft weapons" I think the 14mm rifle would be a good addition to the weapon class.

...And this could be said about a crapton of other weapons. One needs to make some selection.

May i also suggest to import the warthog from the mod "oxc factions" (here)? it would suit well in xpiratez low tech stuff; it's clearly the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II wich i suppose was the plane in the dedicated game A-10 Tank Killer  :P

There is already A-10 tribute craft in the game (Thunderbird).

With recent addition of things like gunwagon and angrybird I also think game is in dire need of those small hangars. A couple of weeks ago I've written how I see criteria of what would use small hangars.
1. Is not hellerium powered.
2. Would take 1 grid space in battlescape.
3. Can carry less than 10 units to combat.

Anyway, it's good to hear Dioxine is considering adding those. Can't wait.

I'm only waiting for OXCE code to allow it. So far, AFAIK, it does not. As for criteria, I'll make my own, will probably be all ground craft (trucks, expedition and convoy for consideration) + small helicopters (probably).

Sorry forgot to mention in the previous post: would also be nice too see more sci fi/pop culture stuff from '20 to '90, for instance:

• rococop's handgun auto 9 (see fandom page) maybe avaiable as smuggling weapon unlockable after research "contact: smugglers"

Was already added to the game a long while ago.

2) would be nice if would be some chance to seduce cleopatra to get some advantages, like in "centurion: defender if rome" one of the very few games i finished in my past videogame career, if interested guys,see here

Planned. But you forgot it wasn't YOU who was doing the seducing in Centurion. Also the power balance was completely different so it was safe to let yourself be seduced by her :)

Anybody thought of touching-up/re-spriting Fat Man and/or Zombie Fatman to the give the bandits a third low-tier, non-city enemy who is slow, but tougher and carries bigger if still crappy guns, to round up the fast-but-weak (Troublemaker)/balanced (Ruffian)/Tough-but-slow trinity?

That's actually a cool idea, they are a bit boring, especially now, as you fight endless hordes of them. Could have fat guy replace 1 in 4 Ruffians or sth. As for weapon variation this would be far harder to achieve since it would require modyfying a metric shitton of enemy deployments.

2) remove the human commando from the game - catually split it into two new unit:"humanist commando" and "spartan commando" so actually it would be a model for the new ones

Read the description of Human Commando. They are related to Humanists but not part of Humanist faction, since they can have varied allegiances and political views. Spartans? Lol they lack the funds and training capacity to field such guys. As for idea of adding Humanist camo unit - no, I decided this faction will lack camo units to keep its distinct character; everyone-has-everything is poor design. If there is such need or inspiration or lore need, I could add a mission where Humanists are supported by Human Commandos. Spartans will get a different unit, Geront in an old and broken Powered Armor, but when, hard to tell, they're tertiary priority.

It would be easier to make some facilities to give passive bonuses to Craft repair times, and probably make it so that there are diminishing returns or that it only uses the highest bonus, and for that same bonus not apply fully to low-hp crafts to prevent instant repairs, for balance purposes.

Ask OXCE guys for such features. As of now, there is no way whatsoever of influencing craft regen speed, except for innate craft bonus.

Reminder: including correct-game-format gfx assets for your suggested new stuff increases the chance of it being implemented in some way by a factor of 10.

Finally, Slave Soldiers will get a flying Doom armor variant, but this will require arc progress beyond what's in the game so far.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:24:43 am by Dioxine »