Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Soldier bonuses (from transformations and commendations)  (Read 13629 times)

wcho035

Do you have a link for the latest test build for this Meridian?

I tried to download the latest one, but I am getting segmentation faults and the older versions doesn't.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
No... stats, regen and visibility are tracked on each unit separately... that's why I could affect them with bonuses.
Other attributes defined by armor are only on the armor itself, not on each unit, so they are the same for all units (having the same armor) and cannot be changed individually.

Does this apply to "visibilityAtDay", "psi-heatVision", "camouflageAt", "psiDefence", "meleeDodge", "antiCamouflageAt"?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Does this apply to "visibilityAtDay", "psi-heatVision", "camouflageAt", "psiDefence", "meleeDodge", "antiCamouflageAt"?

No, it does not apply to: "visibilityAtDay"

Yes, it does apply to: "psi-heatVision", "camouflageAt", "psiDefence", "meleeDodge", "antiCamouflageAt"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:37:19 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
No: "visibilityAtDay"

Yes: "psi-heatVision", "camouflageAt", "psiDefence", "meleeDodge", "antiCamouflageAt"

Understood. How and where will such bonuses be displayed?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Understood.

I have answered the question: "Does this apply to "visibilityAtDay", "psi-heatVision", "camouflageAt", "psiDefence", "meleeDodge", "antiCamouflageAt"?"

The answer is "Yes"...or in full sentence "Yes, this does apply to all those attributes" (except visibilityAtDay).

Where "this" = "No... stats, regen and visibility are tracked on each unit separately... that's why I could affect them with bonuses. Other attributes defined by armor are only on the armor itself, not on each unit, so they are the same for all units (having the same armor) and cannot be changed individually."

How and where will such bonuses be displayed?

As written above, there are no such bonuses and they are not displayed anywhere.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:35:43 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Update: The soldier bonuses in the soldier bonuses overview window are now sorted by a newly added "listOrder" attribute.

Example:

Code: [Select]
soldierBonuses:
  - name: STR_THIRD
    listOrder: 30
  - name: STR_SECOND
    listOrder: 20
  - name: STR_FOURTH
    listOrder: 40
  - name: STR_FIRST
    listOrder: 10
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 07:00:07 pm by Meridian »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Question:

What exactely are the hard limits for stat bonuses awarded via commendations, and can they be defined somewhere?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
I would need check, but scripts are responsible for summing final bonus values, and one goal was to add limits to values it returns.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Bonuses can improve soldier stats (even over any maximum), regeneration of resources every turn and visibility at dark (until global maximum).

Visibility limits are at global mod maximum (e.g. vanilla 20, piratez 40, etc.).

Regen stats are unlimited, but final resource values don't go over their maximum. E.g. morale regen of +100000 doesn't give more than 100 final morale.

Other stats are practically unlimited.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:50:57 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Since OXCE 7.1.4, also armor values can be modified by soldier bonuses.

Code: [Select]
soldierBonuses:
  - name: STR_ARMOR_BUFF_BONUS
    frontArmor: 200
    leftArmorDiff: -100
    sideArmor: 400
    rearArmor: 500
    underArmor: 600

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Great, but why armors?
IMHO, it is more potent to affect psiVision or resistances.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Great, but why armors?

Because it was easy to do.

IMHO, it is more potent to affect psiVision or resistances.

Affecting resistances is practically not possible.
Not without a HUGE rework anyway.

psiVision would need a small rework too, but not too big... I can add that in future if needed

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Remember that y-scripts are aware of bonuses, this mean you can add nearly any logic linked to it and affect most of scripted parts.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Because it was easy to do.
This is an important argument.
psiVision would need a small rework too, but not too big... I can add that in future if needed
No thanks, not without this.
And as Yankes say, desired effects can be achieved by scripts.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Remember that y-scripts are aware of bonuses, this mean you can add nearly any logic linked to it and affect most of scripted parts.

Can I alter vision (heatVision, psiVision, visibilityAtDark) with YS?