Author Topic: Openxcom extended and openxcom extended plus AppImage static binaries for linux  (Read 1869 times)

niculinux

Good afternooon!: Following this post regardin openxcom ubuntu binaries I've seen that in the nighlies section of the homesite there are linux binaries built with AppImage. (see screenshot attached).

But since there are only for the vanilla verison of openxcom, how about to have also ones for openxcom extended and extended+ since most mods appearing to be used th aforementioned executale files?  Whatever, thanks:D A

Edit:typos!

Edit: sorry renamed the title of the topic since i forgot to clarify!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 04:07:36 pm by niculinux »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Openxcom extended and openxcom extended plus static binaries for linux
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 06:30:07 pm »
Stoddard has a few builds of OXCE+ for various Ubuntu versions and I think Debian as well here on a build-bot, they work as long as you've already got the proper libraries installed.

niculinux

Re: Openxcom extended and openxcom extended plus static binaries for linux
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 11:21:58 pm »
Thanks, but i was referring to an ApoImage build, very comfortable for the very newbie like me, no dependency hell! Alghough on ubuntu 16.04 cannot install these properly because some libraries are missing in the official repos  :'(

Plus ufopedia needs som updates as for installing dependencies in Ubuntu since
Code: [Select]
build-essential and
Code: [Select]
xmlto are not needed, i remember managed to run openxcom on 12.04.

Edit: one more swuare bracket not neeeded!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:30:00 pm by niculinux »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Maybe you can bug Stoddard to update the buildbot to include a step for making an Ubuntu AppImage? Or, if you manage to get all the libraries working properly, perhaps you could build an AppImage for the community?

niculinux

I really wish to have skills to do that, otherwise i'va already done it. I'll rely on the heart and will of some good will user(s)  :) ;) In closing makin an Ubuntu PPA may be relatively easy, as explained in the first post's link, but I was thinking of an AppImage because it would be cross-distribution, moreover it's really cool havin all in one-single-click-file-ready-to-go :D  Well, until futher notice, over and out!  :)