Author Topic: [WIP][OXCE][UFO] X-Com: Terror From the Unknown (TFTU)  (Read 80985 times)

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Build mods from Ethereal.
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2018, 08:48:13 am »
Попытался поиграть. Первые впечатления были весьма положительными, большое разнообразие всего. Вот только... чересчур уж всё мощное и точное, да и характеристики бойцов, даже в самом начале, слишком хорошие. В результате, у пришельцев просто нет шансов. Интерес теряется. Правда, я запускал на самой низкой сложности, чтобы попробовать.
I tried to play. First impressions were very positive, a great variety of everything. But ... too much all powerful and accurate, and the characteristics of the soldiers, even at the very beginning, are too good. As a result, the aliens simply do not have a chance. Interest is lost. True, I ran at the lowest complexity to try.

Теперь про ошибки. Если взять на миссию бронемашину, то при попытке её выбрать, игра намертво зависает. В лог, при этом, никакой ошибки не записывается. Попробовал вместо бронемашин взять танки, с ними никаких проблем.
Now about the mistakes. If you take on the mission of an armored car, then when you try to choose it, the game hangs tight. In a log, thus, any error is not written down. I tried to take tanks instead of armored vehicles, with them no problems.

Вот два сохранения. В первом, два дроида и две бронемашины на борту. Дроиды действуют нормально, но если перейти к бронемашинам, то всё застывает. Может, это только на Андроиде так, не знаю. Во втором сохранении два танка и два дроида, там в бою проблем нет.
Here are two save. In the first, two droid and two armored cars on board. Droids operate normally, but if we go to armored cars, everything freezes. Maybe it's only on Android so I do not know. In the second conservation two tanks and two droids, there are no problems in battle.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2018, 09:53:29 am »
Попробуй теперь. Только резерв сделай.

Насчёт остального...

1) усилил инопланетян.
2) подрезал стартовые характеристики солдат.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:10:59 pm by Ethereal »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2018, 10:29:06 am »
Проблема с бронемашинами решена - они теперь работают.
The problem with armored vehicles is solved - they are now working.

Дисбаланс скорее к роботам относится, чем к людям. Они слишком сильны для начального этапа. И под их прикрытием солдаты мало рискуют. В обычной игре, вернуться с первых миссий, за исключением лёгких разведчиков, и не потерять хотя бы двух бойцов - большая удача. Здесь же я дроидами всех врагов расстрелял, солдатам даже выходить не пришлось.
Imbalance is more like robots than people. They are too strong for the initial stage. And under their cover, soldiers take little risk. In the usual game, to return from the first missions, except for easy scouts, and not to lose even two fighters is a great success. Here I dped all the enemies, soldiers did not even have to go out.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2018, 11:17:45 am »
Ну, здесь разница в подходе к делу. Вся эта бронетехника и нужна для сохранения жизни солдат. И стоит она не дешево. Я бронетехникой редко стреляю, поскольку иначе солдаты не получат опыт. А прокаченный солдат намного круче всех этих роботов и танков и тем намного ценнее, чтобы рисковать его жизнью.     

Кстати странно, что ты доридами всех перестрелял. Они сами хрупкие и их сносят с плазменных пистолетов крайне быстро. Особенно на террорах и базах. На открытой местности они хороши, но они не получают опыт.

А танки да, даже начальные, рассчитаны на то, что они должны выдерживать несколько ударов Тяжелых Плазменных и Акустических орудий. В конце концов это ТАНК, а не легковой автомобиль из оригинала, который рассыпался даже от пролетающих рядом снарядов.

Well, there's a difference in approach. All this armor and need to save the lives of soldiers. And it is not cheap. I rarely shoot with armored vehicles, because otherwise the soldiers will not get experience. And pumped soldiers are much cooler than all these robots and tanks and so much more valuable to risk his life.     

By the way, it's weird that you shot everyone with droids. They are fragile and take down with plasma pistols extremely fast. Especially on terror and bases. They're good in the open terrain, but they don't get the experience.

Tanks and Yes, even the initial calculated that they must withstand several blows with a Heavy Plasma and an Acoustic cannon. After all, it's a TANK, not a civilian car from the original, which crumbled even from flying nearby shells.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:28:44 am by Ethereal »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2018, 01:40:50 pm »
I like the mortar idea and the mechanics behind it! Good thought. Also the idea of "real" fuel is nice, ever since X-Piratez the free fuel feels like a small exploit, so yes, good ideas.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2018, 03:40:35 pm »
Update.
 - Fixed insane amounts of fuel in ships.
 - Lobstermans transferred from the category of terrorists in a separate race.
 - Added 3, not typical for the series, terrorist.
 - Increased bonus aliens for the level of difficulty.
 - A lot of small changes aimed at complicating the game.
 - Infiltration mission activated. Upon Infiltration, a special base will appear, which is different from the others. If it is destroyed, the country will be returned.
 - There's a 50% chance to prevent the construction of alien bases and infiltration. We need to intercept a special ship-Builder of Bases.
 - The action of psionic is very difficult. Distance is limited. All aliens have increased psionic defense.
 - Fixed some game settings.

Update.
 - Some changes in the balance sheet.
 - Added additional modules for base. Maps-duplicates of existing modules.
 - In the version with the mod, Ufopedia was partially brought into a kind of order.

The main archive with the game and installed OXCE+ - in the first post.
In this post - archive in the form of mod. The game requires the latest version of OXCE+ to be installed.

POST UPDATED
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:54:54 am by Ethereal »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2018, 09:54:41 am »
Update.
 - Changed the starting base. Reduced the amount of gold at the start.
 - Many edits in the balance.
 - Added a lot of new armor and another terrorist.
 - At the insistence of SupSuper, from the archive was removed original game UFO and TFTD.

The main archive with the game and installed OXCE+ - in the first post.
In this post - archive in the form of mod. The game requires the latest version of OXCE+ to be installed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:11:16 pm by Ethereal »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2018, 06:17:44 pm »
Corrected images, if you want to play with recent OXCE versions, are attached here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6586.msg107343.html#msg107343

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2018, 12:32:23 am »
Thank you very much, Meridian.
Trouble with the display of armor in ufopedia corrected himself. In the next update will be. However I will do it not earlier new version of OXCE+. By the way, roughly when it will be released?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2018, 01:01:59 am »
Thank you very much, Meridian.
Trouble with the display of armor in ufopedia corrected himself. In the next update will be. However I will do it not earlier new version of OXCE+. By the way, roughly when it will be released?

We did a lot of changes and are still testing them... but I would like to release an official OXCE 5.2 before New Year if possible.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2018, 08:53:30 pm »
- Lots of balance changes.
- Fixed bugs I found.
- Implemented some new OXCE function features.
- The KIT includes OXCE 5.2.

The mod is made by modifying the base. I advise you to disable automatic updates of OpenXcom and OXCE.
The mod is made in the Windows operating system, and no other operating systems I do not have.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:11:32 pm by Ethereal »

Offline vinxx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2019, 07:46:42 am »
ох ребята, ну вы жжёте...
будет время возможно пересмотрю этот мод и упакую его по всем правилам для macOS X как нормальный билд в контейнере под раздачу

Offline vinxx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2019, 11:42:42 pm »
well, and how I can compile this mod for macOS X?
both EN and RUS versions > ?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2019, 11:50:10 pm »
well, and how I can compile this mod for macOS X?
both EN and RUS versions > ?

The mod does not need to be compiled.

You can use OXCE for MacOS (I gave you the link several times already) and just copy the mod into the mods folder.

PS: MacOS doesn't like 8bit GIFs, don't know if this mod uses GIFs... if yes, you might need to convert them into PNGs
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:01:16 am by Meridian »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2019, 08:35:26 am »
The mod does not need to be compiled.

You can use OXCE for MacOS (I gave you the link several times already) and just copy the mod into the mods folder.
The problem is that the latest version of this mod does not have a standalone version. The mod is an OXCE game folder with its exe. And the mod itself replaces the vanilla version of UFO in it, the resources are not located in the user/mods/ folder but in the standard/xcom1/. Therefore, without understanding the mod structure, it is difficult to extract it separately from the rest.
Now I tinker and made a separate mod, by editing the file metadata.yml. I tried it - it works on the latest version of OXCE for Android, you can even put it in the mods folder as an attached archive without unpacking it.
Addition 26.02.2019
The mod file has been replaced due to an error detected. Thank you for the message about her NebulaM78.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:20:31 am by yergnoor »