Author Topic: [MUSIC][UFO][TFTD]Timbres of Heaven 3.4  (Read 5479 times)

Offline darklord42

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[MUSIC][UFO][TFTD]Timbres of Heaven 3.4
« on: February 12, 2017, 02:04:03 am »
Hi all,

I took the liberty of making a set of music .ogg files utilizing the very excellent Timbres of Heaven Soundfont.  On top of GM compatible it is also XG and GS compatible as well, and I highly recommend it for general use.

The soundfont is available at the midkar website.

Anyway the ogg set has been normalized and made gapless.  Unfortunately it was rendered with fluidsynth which is all I have available on OSX, although it has a few minor issues with ToH.  Still the end result I feel is better then anything else out there.

download

[EDIT]
I just added in the "Terror From the Deep" tracks as well. Fluidsynth had issues with them so I actually got Spider player which makes use of BASSMIDI driver to do the rendering.  Only I find it tends to crush the tracks.  As such I'm not really perfectly happy with the new renderings.  But these will do until I can find a better solution.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:16:01 am by darklord42 »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MUSIC]Timbres of Heaven 3.4
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:47:41 am »
This is great stuff! Excellent rendition of the X-Com OST! It sounds very close to the music in the original game played on DOSBox.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:49:48 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline darklord42

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MUSIC][UFO][TFTD]Timbres of Heaven 3.4
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:26:18 am »
Well that's because they are the same midi files just rendered with a sound font. :) For a long time I preferred playing the game in dosbox as my setup allowed for me to use this soundfont.  So I figured I'd take the time to pre-render them for OpenXcom