Author Topic: Tips for the first serie?  (Read 9814 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for the first serie?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 12:20:57 am »
You haven't done anything wrong with that OXCE+ install, that's the perfect way to do it!  To get the strings, you can either search for them in Piratez_lang.rul from Piratez and create a mod just for the missing strings, or re-write the strings yourself in a mod.  All you need is a ruleset file that looks like

Code: [Select]
extraStrings:
   - type: en-US #or whichever language file you're using
     strings:
       STR_NAME_OF_MISSING_STRING_1: "Whatever the text is supposed to be"
       STR_MISSING_STRING_2: "Lorem Ipsum"
       #... and so on until you get all the strings

And yes, you should be able to access the saves from the openxcom 1.0 install, but you shouldn't try to load more recent saves into 1.0.  If you want to use a different users folder, you have to specify that with a command line option - I use that to help keep saves from different mods/settings separate.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 12:47:48 am »
It works and I'm able to play, only I have some missing strings, for example corresponding to the new config options and for the stats shown in inventory screen.

Have I done something wrong?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will add default translations soon (read: in the coming months, latest Q1/2017).

Offline stepbystep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 12:12:50 am »
Sorry for the inconvenience, I will add default translations soon (read: in the coming months, latest Q1/2017).

No worries  ;)

To get the strings, you can either search for them in Piratez_lang.rul from Piratez and create a mod just for the missing strings, or re-write the strings yourself in a mod.  All you need is a ruleset file that looks like...

I'll try that thanks!

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 03:23:45 am »
It's not complete - but this should be most of the important ones:

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 10:37:20 pm »
So did this series happen? :-)

Offline stepbystep

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »
Hi!

Haven't released anything yet.
At this stage I have all the equipment I needed for now (a microphone that doesn't pick up a lot of noise), CC music appropriate for the mood I was shooting for and even a really small aesthetic mod that I've made myself.
I started recording and made a few attempts at basic editing in Blender (I didn't even know it could do that).

At this point I have footage for a couple of episodes of around 15-20 minutes (I cut the micro-management after explaining what I'm going to do and how).
I think I'll do editing in batches of at least 5 episodes, but that will largely depend on how much time I manage to spare for this.

I know it's not a lot but I have a pretty tight schedule and I'm also playing xPiratez.

Both game and commentary are in italian as I want my friends to be able to enjoy the videos.