Author Topic: [MUSIC] UFO: Cydonia's Fall Soundtrack (2016 edition)  (Read 4748 times)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
[MUSIC] UFO: Cydonia's Fall Soundtrack (2016 edition)
« on: October 09, 2016, 05:22:41 pm »
It's getting hard keeping track of all the versions of this soundtrack, so I decided to give it a dedicated mod page: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/ufo-cydonias-fall-soundtrack

Anyways a few months ago lorcán found the original project files for the music, so he had the courtesy of giving us a new lossless version of the soundtrack, as well as various other tweaks and improvements after personally testing it in OpenXcom. So you can consider this the 2016 edition. :P If you were already using it, I recommend updating it with this new version.

Edit: Can't seem to upload the files to the mod site, so they're mirrored on openxcom.org instead. Hopefully you won't bring down the server. ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:24:25 pm by SupSuper »

Offline harre

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MUSIC] UFO: Cydonia's Fall Soundtrack (2016 edition)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:23:22 pm »
Cool, will download and listen to this at work tomorrow :)

Offline mg979

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MUSIC] UFO: Cydonia's Fall Soundtrack (2016 edition)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
It's very good, but I just have 2 complaints: in song Geoscape II, in the the louder parts the electro-bass of the original has been replaced by a pizzicato, overall is very intense but with an electronic instrument (closer to the original) it would sound much better imo. The interception song has also an instrumentation that is too different from the original. Other than this it's fantastic. Is the author still around, or are there other versions that maybe have different instruments?