Author Topic: Stoddard's X-Piratez playmix - now on top of OXCE 3.3  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
Stoddard's X-Piratez playmix - now on top of OXCE 3.3
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:42:30 am »
Rebase in progress, playmix builds not available until further notice.

This lists my patches on top of Meridian's branch, the set I actually play. This would be the topic for tracking most of my work on OpenXcom.

More-or-less up-to-date version of all of it merged is at https://github.com/StoddardOXC/OpenXcom/tree/playmix
The patches are kept mergeable with Meridian's branch in separate branches with similar names.
Linux builds are available at the usual place https://lxnt.wtf/oxem , prefix=playmix.

64-bit windows build now is available there too, playmix-e53bc0b-2016-10-01-j6-win64.7z

Dlls required for the windows build are in dlls.zip / dlls.7z . Put them beside the executable.

• 16 bases
  • Basescape hotkeys
  • Follow5 - geoscape following a selected ufo
  • Mouse9 - bind any of up to 32 mouse buttons to the drag scroll
  • getoffmywm - don't ever touch window placement

16 bases enables 16 bases. When over 7 bases, just click on an unbuilt base in the base interface to build the next one.

Basescape hotkeys binds hotkeys to base interface buttons: Research, Manufacture, etc. It also binds the same hotkey to the cancel/exit button in the first screen that opens, so a quick look can be had by just pressing the hotkey twice.

Follow5 - Ctrl-click the 'Center on UFO - time 5 secs' button in the ufo info window for the geoscape view to follow the ufo.

Mouse9  - extended-functionality button to assign drag scroll. Click to bind, Ctrl-click (any buttton) to disable.

getoffmywm - when the display mode is set to 'Resizable', do not ever touch window positioning. (Other than that, the 'Resizable' mode does nothing). Gets rid of annoying recentering of the game window at each options dialog close, which is especially infuriating when you have more that one monitor. Also the window appears consistently in the same position when your WM handles this. (probably Linux-only).

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:04:35 am by Stoddard »

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
Re: Stoddard's X-Piratez playmix - now on win64 too.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 10:34:16 am »
Did a win64 build of that, since it's required for the geoscape ai testing anyway.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
Re: Stoddard's X-Piratez playmix - now on win64 too.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 06:40:58 am »
Merged OpenXcomExtended 3.3 on top of the playmix to try the new lightning system out.

Builds are at the usual place, prefixed with playmix3.3.

EDIT: not recommended for use other than to take a look at the news lights system.

Meridian's branch has been rebased on top of OXCE3.3, its linux builds are now available as oxce3.3-plus-proto-*.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:02:03 am by Stoddard »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stoddard's X-Piratez playmix - now on top of OXCE 3.3
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:02:22 pm »
Hey Stoddard, you alive man? :)

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 11:25:11 am »
Yeah, well, it was kinda rough for the last two months, but I'm fine, thanks. I even fixed the builds.

Now that I lost my job, and good riddance, the playmix stuff will be ported forward as applicable and then the whole deal with the new geoscape will be rethought from the ground up once more. I was a bit stuck in the OXCE+/Piratez design limits when I first thought it up anyway.

So all is well.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 11:32:54 am »
Sorry to hear about the job.
I'm sure as IT professional, you'll find another one in no time.
Good luck!