Author Topic: [SOLVED] Usin' the openxcom extended linux executable with x-piratez  (Read 5676 times)

niculinux

Hello there! Since i'd like to ditch windows version od x-piratex in favor of the native linux one, i downloaded the 2.4 one (I suppose x-piratez uses that version  form the openxcom extended page from the modportal. Weel I happened to have installed some dependencies, but stil missin the following:

Code: [Select]
libyaml-cpp.so.0.5
libSDL_gfx.so.13

So please may someone write here to fetch the complete dependencies list to actually make that executable working? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:03:03 pm by niculinux »

niculinux

Re: Usin' the openxcom extended linux executable with x-piratez
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 11:29:38 pm »
OK, actually the wiki tells the needed dependencies, but installing only the following packages, on ubuntu 14.04, the game starts:

libyaml-cpp0.5
libsdl-gfx1.2-4
xmlto
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev

Edit: Don't forget to use the
--no-install-recommends parameter, unless you want unecesssaries dependencies!  Please find, attached a nice icon to use, sadly it's not incorporated in the executable..

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:53:12 pm by niculinux »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:00:04 pm »
OK, actually the wiki tells the needed dependencies, but installing only the following packages, on ubuntu 14.04, the game starts:

libyaml-cpp0.5
libsdl-gfx1.2-4
xmlto
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev

Better use the no-recommends--install parameter. Last question, if i use a more advanced verision of the executable, eg. 2.5 and onward, will occour some issues? Thanks!

Edit: please find attached a nice icon to use, sadly it's not incorporated in the executable..
Is "xmlto" really needed? I don't remember using it or installing it.
If I not mistaken proper list/command is:
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-gfx1.2-4 libsdl-image1.2 libyaml-cpp0.5

niculinux

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 03:12:35 pm »
Is "xmlto" really needed? I don't remember using it or installing it.

Yes, the program needs it, otherwise the terminal will return an error message :)

If I not mistaken proper list/command is:
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-gfx1.2-4 libsdl-image1.2 libyaml-cpp0.5

If i remember well  libsdl1.2debian is needed only for Debian/Debian based distributions, not Ubuntu ones :)

niculinux

Re: [SOLVED] Usin' the openxcom extended linux executable with x-piratez
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:37 pm »
Last thing i forgot: since the mod is "default configured" to run on win oss...so if you downloaded the oxe executable and run it it will generate in the /user directory a "mod" one, as opposed as the one upprecased, so the program will start but it 'won't see the mod, solutin is to move the mod from the uppercased directory to lowercased one :) Screenshot attached!

I'm gonna report to Dioxine this, but i think it's more a thing related to the executable, so Yankes may you actually do something about? And please my you include in the fil an icon? It's  apity it's not avaiable in the oxe file...here is attache done :D

Edit: I might ran into some issues if i run a more updated versipn of that executable, from  2.5 and onward, actually?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:59:01 pm by niculinux »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Usin' the openxcom extended linux executable with x-piratez
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 09:52:44 pm »
I suggest to stick to proper version of exe. 2.5 was updated with nightly that have lot incompatibles with that mod version.

And for "xmlto", this is bug, I don't see any reason why it would be needed. I will try get ride of this.