Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434180 times)

Offline Rikiswar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2445 on: July 17, 2018, 12:24:35 am »
The heavy slugthrower's chem ammo doesn't seem to be using the right graphic, it looks like an eyeball and is too small for a 2x1 item.

The uber wheat, meanwhile, looks way too big for a 1x1 item.

The heavy slugthrower's chem ammo use the cabbage sprite because in both the Piratez.rul and Piratez_Resources.rul they have the same number (1228) assigned, which mean that X-Piratez use the entry that is below in the Piratez_Resources.rul, which is the cabbage sprite. This also has the effect of making entry 1229-1244 be one less then they should be. I have attached a picture of how the chem ammo should look like.

The Uber Wheat should most likely be a 3x2 item.

niculinux

« Reply #2446 on: July 17, 2018, 11:06:13 pm »
In 0.99J3 bootypedia'sw filntlock rifle image entry has its decription cutted, as the  attached screenshot displays

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: July 18, 2018, 12:28:21 am »
That's not the only entry affected.  Seems the descriptions will need rewrites to accommodate for the new accuracy and power bonus displays.

Offline Rikiswar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: July 18, 2018, 06:26:45 pm »
In 0.99J3 bootypedia'sw filntlock rifle image entry has its decription cutted, as the  attached screenshot displays

There are 34 entries that are affected, which include: Ghost Dagger, Vampiric Sword, Hellblade, O'Harty's Gun, Dart Pistol, XG Pistol, Kustom Blunderbuss, Heavy Slugthrower, Super Shotgun, Mammoth Chain Shotgun, Arena Flak Cannon, Laslock Shotgun, Linux SMG, Linux Origami SMG, Boarding Gun, Reticulan Lasgun, XG Assault, Flintlock Rifle, Light Sniper Rifle, Custom Snipin' Gun, Precision Laser, Meridian's Special Autogun, Asuka Rifle, Ballista, Mortar, Shoulder Launcher, Laserball, Marsec Mega-Flamer, Tome of Lightning, Holy Handgrenade of Antioch, Scroll of Inconsensuality, Officer's Lash, Ghost Beam and Lucky Star.

Offline Malekh

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: July 19, 2018, 11:39:25 am »
Awsome mod, thanks' and glories eternal to the developer (and all the little helpers)!

Anyways:

[FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Map generator encountered an error: Unknown race: STR_SNAKEMAN_NONCOM defined in deployment: STR_LOC_CHURCH_OUTPOST_COLD

(The quickfixes from post 2444 didnt seem to fix this - I'm just skipping the mission for now, but you might want squish the bug anyways).

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: July 19, 2018, 01:23:58 pm »
Awsome mod, thanks' and glories eternal to the developer (and all the little helpers)!

Anyways:

[FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Map generator encountered an error: Unknown race: STR_SNAKEMAN_NONCOM defined in deployment: STR_LOC_CHURCH_OUTPOST_COLD

(The quickfixes from post 2444 didnt seem to fix this - I'm just skipping the mission for now, but you might want squish the bug anyways).

Old saves from previous version is causing this error. Just skip it and you will not face it again in the next game month.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:26:27 pm by FG »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2451 on: July 19, 2018, 11:23:15 pm »
DL this file please into user/mods/piratez/ruleset to fix the problem with Spectre transformations.

niculinux

« Reply #2452 on: July 20, 2018, 12:23:43 pm »
DL this file please into user/mods/piratez/ruleset to fix the problem with Spectre transformations.

Just started a new game in 0.99J4 and among the starting gals there is Spectre, is this a bug related to that build? The above posted fix will patch it?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:32:37 pm by niculinux »

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: July 20, 2018, 01:09:11 pm »
The above posted fix will patch it?

Nope. But

Piratez.rul
Code: [Select]
  randomSoldiers: 6>
  randomSoldiers:
    STR_SOLDIER: 6

will fix it.

niculinux

« Reply #2454 on: July 20, 2018, 01:13:12 pm »
Nope. But

Piratez.rul
  randomSoldiers: 6>
  randomSoldiers:
    STR_SOLDIER: 6

will fix it.

thanks but transformations.rul patched file is still needed for the 0.99J4?

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: July 20, 2018, 01:21:26 pm »
thanks but transformations.rul patched file is still needed for the 0.99J4?

Depends.
If J4 archive called like "Dioxine_XPiratez_0_99_J4.rar" (first release), then you still need it, otherwise (Dioxine_XPiratez_099J4.rar - current link from the main thread) - no.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2456 on: July 20, 2018, 03:36:27 pm »
The starting spectre thing was meant as a Halloween joke ;)

niculinux

« Reply #2457 on: July 20, 2018, 03:46:51 pm »
The starting spectre thing was meant as a Halloween joke ;)

Now I see the subtitle "Halloween Comes Early"!!! Actually, it would be cool if some sort of that may be related to the computer clock, and be active only for a small amount of days  8)

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: July 21, 2018, 02:22:11 am »
Game crashes for me, when switching display filter from sabre* to "disabled" and back (segmentation error)

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: July 21, 2018, 06:36:19 pm »
Hmm. Forum search didn't return anything, so here goes: Game crashing randomly with the message: "Research STR_MYTH_001 not found". Anything I can do to get past this?

(I think I was researching one of the LokNar Scriptures at the time, but ... well, the game crashed and I hadn't saved for some minutes, so I cannot be sure)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:46:19 pm by rezaf »