Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577388 times)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1395 on: November 20, 2015, 06:00:55 pm »
Speaking of the RCF rifle, it seems a bit weird that it does less damage than the blackmarch smg, given that an assault rifle should be higher caliber or something than an smg. It does have a slightly better aimed accuracy, though the less damage and higher TU cost hardly makes it worthwhile. The homefront rifle is inferior to the blackmarch smg in every way, and as such i have never found a use for them. I know i mentioned this before with some of the pistols, but it's not that i'm against a plethora of weapon options. I just feel that they need to be relevant at some point in the game.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1396 on: November 20, 2015, 06:19:44 pm »
Unlike the other 2 weapons, Blackmarch SMG doesn't get any special ammo & isn't available to buy. Homefront Rifle gets an early (small) upgrade, too. As for the caliber, Blackmarch uses an advanced .45 ACP equivalent, while the other 2 are small-bore rifles using lo-tech ammo.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 20, 2015, 06:37:17 pm »
Unlike the other 2 weapons, Blackmarch SMG doesn't get any special ammo & isn't available to buy. Homefront Rifle gets an early (small) upgrade, too. As for the caliber, Blackmarch uses an advanced .45 ACP equivalent, while the other 2 are small-bore rifles using lo-tech ammo.

Hm, i haven't discovered any upgrades for them yet (bayonet not counting). I don't think there's plastasteel, acid or explosive ammo for them?

niculinux

« Reply #1398 on: November 20, 2015, 06:46:01 pm »
"Service comunications" for questions, doubt and "knowledge" about the game instead of technical stuff see here!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1399 on: November 20, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »
I don't think there's plastasteel, acid or explosive ammo for them?

No, something else. One is easy-ish to develop, the other a little harder.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 20, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
No, something else. One is easy-ish to develop, the other a little harder.

Wow, much question, very mystery, so hide, wow :P

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 20, 2015, 09:26:29 pm »
haha I don't know if the homefront rifle has anything but the bayonet. It's a pretty cool idea, but it is rapidly outclassed by other guns due to their stopping power. That being said, it's good for training rookies. They can do ok pot-shot, and have a lightweight weapon that combines autoshots and melee to clear buildings (provided the opposition isn't armoured, then they can yell "I FOUND HIM! I FOUND HIM" and run ;)).

Dioxine, any chance we could see a "chain bayonet" à la 40k after discovering the little chain knife? The "gun + melee" concept is cool and could be expanded on. First wave breachers have a lot of melee weapons + pistol options, but it'd be cool to have a short-range accurate (or auto) gun to follow/cover them with that also has a melee option.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.96 - 20 Nov - News of the World
« Reply #1402 on: November 20, 2015, 10:31:41 pm »
Wow, much question, very mystery, so hide, wow :P

U-wow... nobody likes me... u-wow... Have a new mod version, I worked very hard on it, it's not like I don't hate you -idiot!

https://www.mediafire.com/?ck2mfkrwcpm2nz4

niculinux

« Reply #1403 on: November 20, 2015, 10:55:40 pm »
Just relased 0.96...yeppiee!!

Hey Dioxine,  on 0.95C if i activate the (recommended) option "Spend research item" after i interrogate a living enemy, i'm supposed to have wasted he/she? Openxcom syas that "Living aliens will be returnet to the general stores" but as for piratez, seems i cannot use he/she anymore? Screenshit of the workshop attached. So it's a bug or what?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 20, 2015, 11:03:56 pm »
An unfortunate side effect of interrogation is that in increase the death rate of the subject to 100% within 1 minute of completing their last confession. You are given a body (in this case spartan booty), not a live one. If you were given a live one, then you could chain interrogate one, which would be stupid.

@Dioxine: Looks nice! Looking forward to trying it this weekend :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1405 on: November 20, 2015, 11:11:30 pm »
An unfortunate side effect of interrogation is that in increase the death rate of the subject to 100% within 1 minute of completing their last confession. You are given a body

Booty is not the same as body, booty means loot, who needs a dead corpse? A gravedigger maybe, but he'll want money. It is not said the subject is killed (unless it's a demon or something edible); it's up to the player. The subjects are simply unfit for more interrogations, possibly because they don't know anything, and are likely released.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 20, 2015, 11:14:32 pm »
Fair enough, it's just that you get a "booty" from a corpse in battle (because you loot it, I know), so they are easy to equate. I should have been clearer, as I said in the example, I think you are given a booty after interrogating the subject. Whatever happens to the person/thing, they are unfit for either enslaving or interrogating or anything, so you never see them again.

niculinux

« Reply #1407 on: November 20, 2015, 11:16:29 pm »
Thanks, i'd like to have some more in depth explanation, maybe someone may be so kind to tell here? (arthanor already has fired i while i wrote this post!)

Hey Dioxine, probably you've forgotten to update the OXCE_Piratez_readme.txt file, because it says "VERSION:0.95B" inside it

Just dowloanded 0.96 , trying with 0.95C saves, hope it will be all ok ;)

Edit: Strange that runt outfit is unlimited, maybe a gift for the suffering provided? :D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:30:04 pm by niculinux »

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 21, 2015, 08:47:59 am »
U-wow... nobody likes me... u-wow... Have a new mod version, I worked very hard on it, it's not like I don't hate you -idiot!

Uh, did i say something wrong?

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 21, 2015, 08:53:37 am »
haha I don't know if the homefront rifle has anything but the bayonet. It's a pretty cool idea, but it is rapidly outclassed by other guns due to their stopping power. That being said, it's good for training rookies.

The bow can also be good at training rookies i think, given it's high accuracy modifier and unlimited ammo