Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352538 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
You could try this, I've never used all the mods but it's nice to have a choice, some are very old, there's about 200 in total-see attached link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3nah1rkhob2epj/OPXC%20ZIPPED%20MODS%20-%20UFO.rar?dl=0

Maybe there is something in there which i can plunder *downloading for further inspection*

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
You could try this, I've never used all the mods but it's nice to have a choice, some are very old, there's about 200 in total-see attached link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3nah1rkhob2epj/OPXC%20ZIPPED%20MODS%20-%20UFO.rar?dl=0
I tried to assemble mods according to save, but even with that pack is not possible to repeat your mod set. May be you can just archive your ready to run and already configured openxcom directory? Don't forget to exclude  copyrighted stuff.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
I assume all the mods I included in the link aren't copyrighted as they are the mods made by the openxcom community over the last 2 years or so. I've attached another link here for all the TFTD mods that I can pick from if anyone wants a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t7ldxbs0r75z9w/OPXC%20ZIPPED%20MODS%20-%20TFTD.rar?dl=0

Btw hellrazor I assume the next version of hardmode will be at least a few weeks away and will it be v1.0?

Simon

--- posts merged by Solarius Scorch; guys pls ---

Knowing when to run!
Spoiler:
Got a docked ship mission just there but aborting and taking a -800 score was the better part of discretion: Sectiods, Cyberdiscs and Muton Beserkers, just beyond my troops atm as it's early June and I'm only researching laser weapons and personal armour now. Don't know how I'll manage the spitter Chrysallids, that'll be fun. Looking at the armor.rul file 70 armor for them will make them very tough but at least you're showing some mercy by making them 30% more vulnerable to explosives!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:10:52 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
I assume all the mods I included in the link aren't copyrighted as they are the mods made by the openxcom community over the last 2 years or so. I've attached another link here for all the TFTD mods that I can pick from if anyone wants a look.

Thanks a lot for posting the previous .zip with all the mods - very interesting to browse :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t7ldxbs0r75z9w/OPXC%20ZIPPED%20MODS%20-%20TFTD.rar?dl=0

Btw hellrazor I assume the next version of hardmode will be at least a few weeks away and will it be v1.0?

Simon

--- posts merged by Solarius Scorch; guys pls ---

Knowing when to run!
Spoiler:
Got a docked ship mission just there but aborting and taking a -800 score was the better part of discretion: Sectiods, Cyberdiscs and Muton Beserkers, just beyond my troops atm as it's early June and I'm only researching laser weapons and personal armour now. Don't know how I'll manage the spitter Chrysallids, that'll be fun. Looking at the armor.rul file 70 armor for them will make them very tough but at least you're showing some mercy by making them 30% more vulnerable to explosives!

Well i will certainly make 0.99.1 release with all the patches and some added in civilian variety. I am also not finished with going over all the mapscripts for the terrains.
After that there is still loads of stuff missing before v1.0 Counsel Missions from Hobbes will definitly be included, since they are a challenge. Also story item missions need to be made. But i have already seen some terrains i will probably use for them. Hobbes Biolab and Blue Pyramid come to my mind.
And of course i need to finish the skystriker and the alien commandship, which i will start from scratch again, since 50x50 is to big. 40x40 will suffice but i need a really original design.
There are also loads of tiny small bugs which need fixing, scangs data for the minimap on some terrains and some undestructable terrain i noticed.
Allied troops on some scenarios are also needed and armed civilians (police, army soldiers).
big backlog *sign*

But nevermind my new appartment is really good, especially because the flatmate is great. Signing off now till next week moving takes time.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [WIP][EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion - v0.99.1 Bugfixes/Some Details
« Reply #680 on: June 05, 2016, 10:53:47 pm »
Some small Bugfixes and some Details which were missing:

Version 0.99.1
 - Fix Missing SEABITS.MCD file (not needed anymore but was still listed in terrain ruleset)
 - Fix walking TU issue for TUNDRAPOLAR.MCD
 - Fix Some wrongly asigned Sounds
 - Fix DropOff values for some Weapons for UFO Extender Accuracy
 - Fix regionWeight for North Atlantic (was 45!! noew 5)
 - Fix some Typos in UFOpaedia (thx SIMON)
 - Added 2 more Battleship Variants from Cooper
 - Added Expanded Urban Mix (mashup off MADURBAN and EXPANDED_TERROR)
 - Change some Terrorunit asignments (Mutons, Sectoid Elites, Muton Elites)
 - Spread the Chryssalid Spitter plague
 - Spread Muton Berserkers
 - Increase Alien Scoring (Research, Infiltration, Retaliation and Supply will give Alien Score now)
 - Doubled Scoring for UFO action for Terrormissions
 - Increase Armored Sectopod HE Resistence
 - Blaster Launcher Waypoints reduced to 9 (DOS Version behaviour)
 - Optimized Mapscript MADURBAN
 - Adjusted Ruleset to lastest changes in : openxcom_git_master_2016_05_27_1727

Please use newest Nightly, or at least Nightly Version: openxcom_git_master_2016_05_27_1727

Modportal Link Hardmode Expansion <- Currently downloads are not working, please use the dropbox link.
Dropbox Links:
WIP Version 0.99.1

Documentation:
Current ToDo List
Credit List
Changelog

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:25 am »
Just had a crash at the end of an alien base mission, the last sectoid elite soldier got stuck in the wall and I tried debug mode and killing him, also tried moving him out of the wall which seemed to work but after killing him normally and ending my turn the game still crashes. I could update to v0.99.1 but I only need a live Ethereal commander and do the last mission so I didn't think it was worth while upgrading from v0.99. The attached save is after I moved the alien out of the wall to position (17.36,0). He was originally (17,40,0) and must have fell into this mess from above. I have a save from just before the mission starts so it's not a big worry but in case someone else has come up against these "stuck in a wall" aliens I thought you might want to look into this further.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #682 on: June 15, 2016, 01:20:26 am »
Actually it seems the crash is caused by the alive Chrysallid spitter laying on the ground.
I need to check this tomorrow evening properly.
You can update to 0.99.1 without issues, mainly some bugfixes nothing major.

Edit: if you drop a explosive on the position you killed the last alien you should be able to end the mission. Also when i go into the inventories of your soldiers i get a crash, i will check which one this evening.
In general any recommodations to improve the mod?

Edit2: The alien base maps need another overhaul as it seems, iwanted to addsome more maps anyway towards it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:34:40 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #683 on: June 16, 2016, 02:28:21 am »
SIMON,
removing the alive Chryssalid Spitter on position 29,19,1 lets you complete the mission normally.
I just checked again and this is indeed the problem.
Unfortunatly i really didn't had today to find the cause in the ruleset which might be causing this.
I will patch this soon and also update to the latest vanilla ruleset changes.

I was distracted by female attention.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #684 on: June 18, 2016, 03:01:13 pm »
Hotfix for Alive Chryssalid Spitter Recovery

Please download attached file and overwrite "items.rul" in Hardmode_Expansion/Ruleset/

HF all

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #685 on: June 21, 2016, 07:17:26 am »
Hotfix for compatibility with: openxcom_git_master_2016_06_15_0013

Just replace attached "Hardmode_Expansion/Ruleset/alienDeployments.rul with the here attached file. (Version 0.99+)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [WIP][EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion - v0.99.2 More Bugfixes
« Reply #686 on: July 05, 2016, 04:55:40 am »
A few more Bugfixes and some preperatiosn for the new stuff to come in:

Version 0.99.2
 - Fix Alive Chryssalid Spitter Recovery
 - Added more manufacture dependencies for Tanks
 - Increased Scoring for Alien Pact Signing to 750
 - Doubled Alien scores generated for Alie Bases (5 -> 10)
 - Restructered Resource files
 - Restructered UFOpaedia
 - Adjusted Ruleset to lastest changes in : openxcom_git_master_2016_06_25_2118

Please use newest Nightly, or at least Nightly Version: openxcom_git_master_2016_06_25_2118

Modportal Link Hardmode Expansion
Dropbox Links:
WIP Version 0.99.2

Documentation:
Current ToDo List
Credit List
Changelog

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #687 on: July 10, 2016, 08:48:17 am »
Players, please check your savegame files.

New OCX Bug prevents game from correctly generating alien Bases.
Please take a look at this Bugreport on the Bugtracker.

There is also a workaround described.
Manually change in section "alienBases:" of the savegame file the alienDeployment from STR_TERROR_MISSION to STR_ALIEN_BASE_ASSAULT

This workaround also works for Hardmode Expansion and all other mods.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #688 on: July 10, 2016, 10:40:55 am »
Hotfix for Alien Base generating Bug.
Please make sure to edit the savegames as described on the bugtracker.

If you have a alien base entry in your savegame looking like this:

Code: [Select]
alienBases:

- id: 1
    lat: -0.10264731825452789
    race: STR_SECTOID
    lon: 0.14710695516257202
    deployment: STR_TERROR_MISSION

Change it manually in the savegame file towards this:

Code: [Select]
alienBases:

- id: 1
    lat: -0.10264731825452789
    race: STR_SECTOID
    lon: 0.14710695516257202
    deployment: STR_ALIEN_BASE_ASSAULT

After applying the hotfix for Version 0.99.2
This is related towards github commit
And related towards this bug on openxcom bugtracker.

I am sorry for inconvenience.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:14:43 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #689 on: July 14, 2016, 10:15:20 am »
Bug fix description added. *bump*

Also I am currently overworking the maps for Alien Bases, and adding turned Versions for all Maps.
Progress can be found here here.

I wanted to strongly increase the tactical situations you can run into in Alien Bases and especially in the last Mission of the game.
Once the Maps are reworked a specialized mapscript for the boss battle will be added, and yes it will be a challenging one :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:18:12 am by hellrazor »