Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352670 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Wow, that looks intense. In Vanilla, the 26 spots in the Avenger are overkill for most missions, but for maps like these you'll need every soldier you can get.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Wow, that looks intense. In Vanilla, the 26 spots in the Avenger are overkill for most missions, but for maps like these you'll need every soldier you can get.

Well the 100x100 map was only for testing purposes. But i had an idea yesterday, it involves something really crazy.
The other maps are normal 60x60 Terrormission ones, so for the first 8 month you will probably only operate with 14 soldiers max on those (maybe 16 if i decide to finish the Skystriker Craft).

But i will move into new appartment next week, so i am currently stuck packing stuff and preparing.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
hellrazor
You released a some bugfixes after some time. If it correct to use bug fixes in that queue?
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3550.msg60984.html#msg60984
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3550.msg61929.html#msg61929
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3550.msg65321.html#msg65321

Feel free to apply them all at once. They just do fix critical bugs. No specific order needed.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Just noticed a couple of spelling mistakes in an ufopedia article I unlocked(HWP REPAIR): debatte should be debate, stuff should be staff. Corrections attached.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Just noticed a couple of spelling mistakes in an ufopedia article I unlocked(HWP REPAIR): debatte should be debate, stuff should be staff. Corrections attached.

Thx SIMON, put the fix in the next Version (which will take still some time for release).

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
I've just experienced a crash and I'm not sure why, possibly something to do with the map generated as when you try to do crash site 8 openxcom crashes-see attached. In the meantime I can simply work around this by avoiding landing and see if the next mission goes okay. Well the next landed ufo and next 3 crash sites all crashed as well. I even tried to copy my saved game with the mods I've on and used the latest nightly but still the same crash on either the earlier save or this save attached.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:30:27 am by SIMON »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I've just experienced a crash and I'm not sure why, possibly something to do with the map generated as when you try to do crash site 8 openxcom crashes-see attached. In the meantime I can simply work around this by avoiding landing and see if the next mission goes okay. Well the next landed ufo and next 3 crash sites all crashed as well. I even tried to copy my saved game with the mods I've on and used the latest nightly but still the same crash on either the earlier save or this save attached.

I can load and play the mission just fine. I am useing: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/commit/8d51815ee0aeeeab0fb9764e1f7a389023f7219f
First you run a exe mod which i have no clue what it does.
Second you have a big list of Mods active:
Code: [Select]
mods:
  - xcom1
  - OpenXCom_Unlimited_Waypoints
  - TFTD_Damage
  - XcomUtil_High_Explosive_Damage
  - XcomUtil_Pistol_Auto_Shot
  - XcomUtil_Skyranger_Weapon_Slot
  - hardmode-expansion
  - ACID WEAPONRY 1.0
  - ARMOR STEALTH SUIT
  - BETTER LOOKING PLASMA
  - E SHOCKER reps STUN ROD
  - ELERIUM MACE v2
  - ENFORCER(XCOM)
  - EXTRA POCKETS
  - FireStorm
  - flamethrower
  - HELLRAZOR'S STATSTRINGS
  - MASS ACCELERATOR
  - MORTAR TANK 1.2
  - NAYMORE
  - POWERGLOVE(edited to destroy terrain)
  - SMALL ROCKET SMALL 1.0
  - STUNBLASTER

I do not know if those are interfering. Probably not since they only add new items, btw XcomUtil_Pistol_Auto_Shot is already incorporated :)

My guess is on the exe Mod.
Best is you deactivate each mod after each other, until only hardmode and xcom1 are active, if it then still crashes, then try on Supsuper Gitbuild, if it there still crashes,
then i suspect i do have a problem, but as i told you it is loading just fine for me and i can play the mission.

EDIT: Are you sure you want to go through with the TFTD Damage Rules? If so welcome to the real world of pain.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:58:12 am by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Spent an hour this morning and took off mods one by one and it turned out to be the mortar tank mod, particularly the hover version that seemed to cause the crash, why I don't know as it didn't do this before. So everything is working fine now, I also took off the pistol autoshot, didn't know that was included in hardmode. Yes using TFTD damage will make Sectopods a nightmare but that's half the fun. Thanks for your help and if you have the time could you look at the mortar tank mod and see if anything looks wrong or conflicts with the latest nightlies as I prefer this tank to the rocket launcher tank and surely if the ordinary mortar tank works then it may be something straight forward that causes problems with the hover version.

Simon

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Spent an hour this morning and took off mods one by one and it turned out to be the mortar tank mod, particularly the hover version that seemed to cause the crash, why I don't know as it didn't do this before.

Whenever you reported a bug for Redux I always wondered if it could be caused by another of those long lists of mods, although it actually was never the case.

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
SIMON
Can you archive your mods and share? You installed a lot of mods, so searching and installing by hands one by one requires a lot of time.
I know that you tried to find out what a mod that causes a bug, but I not sure that is a good idea since you loaded a save that already affected by other mods.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Spent an hour this morning and took off mods one by one and it turned out to be the mortar tank mod, particularly the hover version that seemed to cause the crash, why I don't know as it didn't do this before. So everything is working fine now, I also took off the pistol autoshot, didn't know that was included in hardmode. Yes using TFTD damage will make Sectopods a nightmare but that's half the fun. Thanks for your help and if you have the time could you look at the mortar tank mod and see if anything looks wrong or conflicts with the latest nightlies as I prefer this tank to the rocket launcher tank and surely if the ordinary mortar tank works then it may be something straight forward that causes problems with the hover version.

Simon

Thanks for your patience, glad you could work it out and that you can play on.
Did you already applied the hotfixes i made for 0.99?
I mean these ones:
hellrazor
You released a some bugfixes after some time. If it correct to use bug fixes in that queue?
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3550.msg60984.html#msg60984
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3550.msg61929.html#msg61929
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3550.msg65321.html#msg65321

Anyway i am gonna be back to preparing to move into the new appartment.
So sorry SIMON, i will not be able to take a look at the Mortar Tank Mod right now.

------------------------------------

Whenever you reported a bug for Redux I always wondered if it could be caused by another of those long lists of mods, although it actually was never the case.

Jeah its just if i test it on my current version and it works i always suspect the additional mods to cause a issue and indeed there were several of these cases in the past.
No offense SIMON :)

-------------------------------------
SIMON
Can you archive your mods and share? You installed a lot of mods, so searching and installing by hands one by one requires a lot of time.
I know that you tried to find out what a mod that causes a bug, but I not sure that is a good idea since you loaded a save that already affected by other mods.

He could maybe put them on a dropbox and then with time more people could use them and errors would cease to exist, small mods can be made error free :)

Anyway thanks for responses, singing off for now, since the PC needs to be packed for moving also.
Will be back within a few days. :)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
I have a zipped version of all the mods I choose from ready to send but it's 828mb in size so I'm unsure how to attach something this large.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I have a zipped version of all the mods I choose from ready to send but it's 828mb in size so I'm unsure how to attach something this large.

Maybe try dropbox  ?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
You could try this, I've never used all the mods but it's nice to have a choice, some are very old, there's about 200 in total-see attached link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3nah1rkhob2epj/OPXC%20ZIPPED%20MODS%20-%20UFO.rar?dl=0