Author Topic: [1.0] GetLogicalProcessorInformation not found in KERNEL32.dll  (Read 3756 times)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
The 32bit Windows version of XCOM 1.0 fails to start on a machine running Windows XP (Tablet PC edition) SP2.
The function mentioned in the textbox doesn't exist before SP3, and is actually called by the runtime msvcr120.dll, and at least SDL and yaml-cpp.dll have been built and linked to it.

For the people who have the same problem, I made a build of XCOM 1.0 with mingw-gcc, so it doesn't require microsoft's runtime.
yaml is compiled by me and linked statically (so no dll)
I built SDL long ago so I'm not sure how many optional image formats I built into SDL_image - but apparently it's enough for OpenXCOM. SDL_image still links png dynamically, which itself links zlib dynamically, as it seems the preferred method.
I don't remember ever building mikmod, so it must be from an official package.
And libgcc and libstd++ are the ones directly from Mingw.

Have fun, old PC users  8)

Offline winterheart

• Colonel
  • Fellow Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0] GetLogicalProcessorInformation not found in KERNEL32.dll
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:12:21 am »
Well, somewhere should be minimal system requirements for binaries... As you found, minimal requirement for binaries for Windows is XP SP3.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0] GetLogicalProcessorInformation not found in KERNEL32.dll
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »
I've added a note on the Downloads page. You can also use the nightlies, AFAIK they're built with MinGW.