Author Topic: Japanese version  (Read 39379 times)

Offline winterheart

• Colonel
  • Fellow Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese version
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2015, 12:15:59 pm »
Also I suggest place translation to Transifex, so only what you will be need is fontpack.

Offline Ulgon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2015, 08:24:17 am »
Wow, this is quite an endeavour. Because I'm not exactly sure how you did this, I would like to ask you if you like to consider adding support to my font mod which reconstitutes the original Amiga X-COM font.

You can find the latest version here.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1713.msg15843.html#msg15843

i cant help in technical way. i did just modifying and packaging. sorry for saying this.

and now, i finished making new translation pack for latest 2015_05_20_0145 Nightly, i should check externalized font and Transifex as winterheart suggested. ( it will take more time since there is a serious crash bug in debug mode of this Nightly build. that is, i cant do play-through test in short time.)

btw, my 1st experience of X-Com was on AMIGA A1200. so i can understand what you mean. AMIGA version was the original UFO:EU and had sharp font and creepy BGM which made great atmosphere to the end. its unforgettable for me too.  ;) 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:26:18 am by Ulgon »

Offline Ulgon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2015, 12:00:17 am »
i uploaded new package of JP translation.
new strings of Mod's explanation within Option were also translated. so its almost 100% intuitive for japanese people. not only japanese but english is included in readme from now on.

currently its for Nightly 2015_05_20 or later. so if you want to use for Milestone 1.0, then please use older version.
also, i uploaded each translation of 4 mods for the same Nightly build. (separated to another folder. but its the same line-ups as older version.)

all files have been checked through play test.

here is the link
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ta249d140syi8/OpenXcom_JP_translation_files

besides, i joined to Transifex.  :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:08:24 pm by Ulgon »