Author Topic: FOXC - Fantasy OpenXcom  (Read 59568 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
FOXC - Fantasy OpenXcom
« on: August 10, 2013, 03:35:45 pm »
Been thinking about a Fantasy version of OXC for some time, right now i am just toying with the idea, i still havnt even thought about How Geoscape works or even what even type of game that half is, but the Tactical side would be a Blend of X-com and  Mordheim ( something i played alot of when i was a Teen).

Project goals:
To be revised ( 2019)

Special Requirements:
Walk/Run Option: Running can increase Tiles covered with same TU's used but Field of vision is reduce, Stamina used is increased and penalties are applied to both Melee attacks and Ranged attacks after running, the longer you run per turn the greater the penalties applied ( Short runs ( 6 tiles or less) would have only reduce Vision and use up necessary amount of stamina for that distance. A addition, Short run, would just add the numbers together and start adding penalties , this is so you cant cheat 8)

Reaction Melee Charge Attack: Standing away from target, if you select Charge Attack you Charge up to 6 tiles and do a special attack with double damage.

Face your attacker : If you are attacked a target on the Flanks,  the AI can decide to face you and get a Cheap retaliation attack  ( TU's Permitting) , this should not happen by default as i am sure someone will exploit it :P special conditions or random code may need apply.

Parry and Block Rolls (if sword or Shield is equipped, target should have chance to block/deflect the attack, chance of parry/defence should be effected by some unit stats.

2 single hand weapons VS 1 single hand weapon - perhaps some sort of Bonus/penalty system can be conjured up for when a unit has something in second hand ...Not sure how to handle this one yet.

BackStab : If your in close combat with a enemy and you turn to walk away before there dead or unconscious , they get a Free attack into your side or back .

Weight Affects TU's : The more you carry and the more armour you have one, the More  TU's every action costs

Warband Leader/Hero:  Units within "X" value of the warbands nominated Leader gain increases to Moral + Maybe increase TU's as the are receiving instructions directly and not thinking for them selves.

Weapons Can Wear out and Break : As description

Stat Increase controlled by Player: As Description , random selection of "stats"  ( EG: Melee, magic, Tu's, throwing etc) is created by computer on level up  allowing  the player to pick from these on level up

Skill Increase controlled by Player: As Description, random selection of "stats"  ( EG: Sword Skills, Shied Skills, Fire Magic, Dodge etc) is created by computer on level up  allowing  the player to pick from these on level up

Perma-Death: Still in game, just scaled back so its more likely people can be saved after mission. Also Execution of knocked out units should be possible if standing on top of them ( just encase you really want them dead)

Initial Weapons :

Sword - Special ability : Parry ( based on Stats and Special Skills developed)
Axe -   Special ability : reduces effectiveness of enemy armour ( based on Stats and Special Skills developed), Good vs Terrain
Mace/Club : Special ability : Stun effect ( based on Stats and Special Skills developed), Good vs terrain
Spear :  Special ability : Counteracts Charge Bonus , Spear also strikes first( based on Stats and Special Skills developed)
Knife: Backup , no specials i can think off
Sling : Stun Effect
Bow :   TBA
Crossbows : TBA
Throwing weapons: TBA
Throwing Cocktales : TBA

Shields: Increased armour rating on Front, Special Ability  BLOCK ATTACK( based on Stats and Special Skills developed)

2 Handed weapons: as others, increase damaged , Increased TU's Requires, Increases Stamina used

Potions: Health , Mana , Others TBA
Wizards and Magic : Long term :P

FOXY also has a Channel on the IDT Discord server, please check it out below:
https://discord.gg/PRwRhbS
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:10:28 pm by luke83 »

Offline tyran_nick

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: FOXC - Fantasy OpenXcom
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:18:52 pm »
I think warsmith has fixed that in his mod:
dual wielding now properly represented on battlescape

I have not checked how yet.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 01:37:36 am »
this shields look great.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 11:51:21 am »
Nice shields. I'll look up that game to see what it's about.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »
Could be Riot-Shield for police adapted to XCOM use.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 02:51:24 am »
you can change the blit order of the unit sprite (direction 1) in UnitSprite.cpp so that the shield is AFTER the arm, and it should work just fine.

as for the double shields thing, i'm 99.999% positive i fixed that. a long time ago. i'll take another look, but i'm sure i had soldiers with two big knives and one big grin.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 02:32:00 pm »
you can change the blit order of the unit sprite (direction 1) in UnitSprite.cpp so that the shield is AFTER the arm, and it should work just fine.

as for the double shields thing, i'm 99.999% positive i fixed that. a long time ago. i'll take another look, but i'm sure i had soldiers with two big knives and one big grin.

Dont stress about the Double Handed thing, it may of been a OLD build i used by accident :P

Good to know fixing the shield may not be such a hard thing to do, now to draw new arm sprites so they can correctly hold 2Handed Swords and stuff :P

Also First post increased with some of my Thoughts on this.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »
so you don't animate the soldier, but superimpose this animation?

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 12:23:31 pm »
Even in small size this may come well through. When hi-res will be available and number of sprite anim frames are unlocked, the sky will be the limit.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 09:25:31 am »
Little Bugger stole my weapons :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 10:06:37 am »
Looks like i will need to mod a few hands to clean things up and need some adive from Warboy for Blit Orders.

Also how are weapons offset per hand, this looks like its going to be a little more complicated than i hoped.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:11:54 am by luke83 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 04:52:54 pm »
Little Bugger stole my weapons :P
you should add pitchfork :)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 06:47:50 pm »
looking nice!!! a huge undertake to say the least.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »
Just felt like doing some Sample battlescape controls, used Xracers works as a starting point ( hope he dont mind) , personally i like the TOP one better as the bottom was the early design. Also not sure if i want them  to stop short , was thinking about adding a MAP on one side and the Backpack on the other :P it may be to much ). I want to make it clear that it IS OXC but its also something different. Also OBVIOUSLY there not finished ( as the skyranger is still on the button  ::) )

I should mention , i intend to have the units STATS within the inventory screen , all stats and armour.

Second image is just scaled UP to go over existing image i had, obviously it wont look exactly like this in game :P My intention for this MOD is to only have it played in HD mode

Also, i have a few new prototype weapons done, i just need to trial them in game and work out how to improve them, then i only have a few to go, not bad for something i was going to start next year, shame my Study is not getting looked at :(

Updated version , Hopefully that looks like a door for the little guy to run out, i was hopign to have it as my Exit map graphic :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:10:15 pm by luke83 »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 08:51:10 pm »
hmmm... you might want to think about re-designing that GUI to take up less of the space in the middle of the screen and more of the space at the right- and left-hand-side. usually you'll want as much of the action at the center of the screen visible as possible, I think.