Author Topic: Managed to stop India pulling out... - defeating infiltration?  (Read 3761 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
So I'm playing 0.9.  3 days to August, 2 very large infiltrators show up.  Then my main base is attacked.  Then I lose India.

Reload.

This time I take out the floater base which I didn't bother with previously.  Then I take out both very large floater infiltrator ships.  Then my base is attacked by snakemen.

Come August, nobody pulls out.

So maybe there is a legitimate way to avoid alien infiltration?  I think I should search India for a base.  I always thought it was unavoidable to lose countries when aliens infiltrated.

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
Re: Managed to stop India pulling out... - defeating infiltration?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 04:47:56 pm »
Well, you just said you took out both infiltrator ships the 2nd time round. Those ships have a "mission" set, and I guess it depends how quickly you got to, and destroyed, them would be whether the country was infiltrated.

At least that's my understanding

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Managed to stop India pulling out... - defeating infiltration?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »
Well, this never worked before.  I remember my early days doing all sorts of experiments.

I only had the 1 avenger so I waited until they landed before I took them out.

Couldn't find any floater base associated with the very large infiltrators, I took out an existing one that was there for a month or 3.

Not sure what I did right, always thought it was totally out of my control.