Author Topic: Help starting new game and suggestion  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Empereurraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Help starting new game and suggestion
« on: December 31, 2023, 10:34:29 am »
Hello everyone, I hope you all have a great time.

I want to start a new game of Xpiratez with the latest version but I would like some suggestions and the like with it.

I used to have a very advanced game up until the update that added the ogre, but since my game was fucked a few bugs from the constant updating of my mod (I have done like, 5 updates with that one campaign) and just the fact my main based was getting nuke by missile all the time. I can't do much now to fight that. i want to start a new clean one.

I would like to suggest a path and where to put my base. I used to be on the green codex path, and wonder if there was some update on it or if it wasn't too touchy since the update that added recruitable ogre. also wondering which would be the nicest place to start since I know one of them allows you to get some catgirl from the get-go.

so ya, any suggestions on which codex to take, if I try green again (I was at a point far in it, but i was very unlucky and never managed to get slime but always poltergeist, which is great if your grey codex no so much if your green) or if i should explore the other one.

Offline Pherdnut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Help starting new game and suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 05:38:21 pm »
Red Codex now gives you 8 aggressor armors instead of chainmail. Better than tactical, IMO. It's like warrior armor with none of the drawbacks, way better resists, and upgrades your melee attack to the point where it's quite easy to knock out medium armored enemies with a punch. AND it counts as infiltration armor. It's a huge early game boost.

I also like the ships. Scorpions help knock missions out fast by placing enemies (but - it seems - never too many enemies so it may also help mitigate that problem) close to your ship. Snakes only carry 6 but cover your sub needs early and have a shield so are good for knocking out lots of smaller craft without having to repair. The Metallo carries 16 gals.

Still haven't gotten to late-game red but it seems well-liked.

General early game stuff:

* Prioritize big vaults for having enough room for the codex project and having plenty of room for expeditions
* Get excessive with expeditions early. Most captured enemies that reveal a lot of regions also have shadowmasters which is the key codex ship research
* Another shortcut to shadowmasters: if you run into those apocalypse cultists on castaway rescue missions, they only have like 9 topics and one of them is shadowmasters
* Govt agent missions seem to have a very good chance of dropping a guild stapler on the tile where the KO'd agents are.  Never skip these as that can be another huge bottleneck that blocks workshops
* RPG HEAT grenades are extremely effective early game anti-armor weapons that can reliably one-shot tanks and powered armor.
* Poison daggers are like the lethal anti-heavy armor version of aggressor punching - very powerful and easy to get early
* Double shotguns + night gangster missions are a great way to train reactions quickly/safely
* Throwing axes are a very good early-game way to wreck medium and, in a pinch, heavy (from behind) armor without burning valuable RPG rounds - also a nice backup weapon when having to reload prevents getting another shot off

Offline Empereurraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 10:49:34 pm »
I see i see, it sounds pretty good, i know later on you unlock some pretty overpowered unit.

Which region base bonus would you suggest to take ?

Gonna also wait to see the appeal of the other codex. am just wondering which one as the most content as well.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 01:08:51 am »
+1 for Red Codex, it's in a good spot overall and is favored by Khorne. Pair with Lazyass Captain for extra !!fun!!. However, I will also shill Grey Codex for its access to Voodoo and the Voodoo School early on, as well as its unique Grey Spellbook which can fit a number of different robust spells in its three slots. The Grey flagship, Fortuna, can deploy 13 troops to any/all environments which means you no longer need to keep separate craft for underwater/orbital/etc. missions.

In terms of region bonus, I think NCR and Iron Tribe are some of the better picks right now. NCR's starting bonus gives you some catgirl recruits which are very strong in the earlygame, while Iron Tribe's Necroplane helps to jumpstart you into the airgame and take advantage of the low-tier bandits populating the airspace. You can also start in Red Revolution for some appropriately-themed recruits and try the Peasant Revolution content.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 01:11:21 am by Psyentific »

Offline Empereurraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 09:15:31 am »
Ya grey does sound good and I think I'll drop my first base in California, Red still sound great. i forgot the captain's personality also add some thing, was thinking about going with dumbass captain but that would also be interesting.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 03:09:12 pm »
Dumbass + Grey also unlocks extra !!fun!!

Offline Empereurraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 07:45:10 pm »
It's kind of funny to take dumbass and grey at the same time when grey suppose to be the magic path and big brain path.

Offline Empereurraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 04:00:26 pm »
So now i got the captain option, think am gonna jump on the red codex, which would be the best captain to be keep with this ? (I know Psytiific you said it would be for Fun to take lazy with the red codex. but what does it bring to the table ?)

Offline thegoldenpath

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 05:58:05 pm »
There are two threads in the strategy sub forum that I would suggest reading for more information regarding captain personality and interactions between that and codex choice.

Offline John___Doe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2024, 11:11:01 pm »
There are two threads in the strategy sub forum that I would suggest reading for more information regarding captain personality and interactions between that and codex choice.

Lazy captain and red codex triggers the chaos saint, which you can read more about in the strategy subforum if you want to spoil yourself.

The other three have no special interaction with the red codex.

Offline Empereurraf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2024, 02:18:09 pm »
I see, it's does make the game a lot more ""fun"" which .. i mean I could try that in the future but right now I kind of want to have a "chill" game (by piratez standard)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2024, 07:20:46 pm »
dear guys, please check also this thread here

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 07:23:09 pm by ontherun »