Author Topic: [Suggestion] Cargo Craft  (Read 446 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Cargo Craft
« on: December 15, 2023, 08:33:22 am »
I suggest entering a parameter to determine the class of ships - "gargoCraft: false/true" landing "false" by default, true - cargo. For "gargoCraft: false" the standard rules for equipping items apply. For "gargoCraft: true" - any types of items are available for equipment, regardless of settings, even unexplored alien artifacts, but there is no inventory button even if there are soldiers on board. Ideally, "gargoCraft: true" would include the "allowLanding: false" parameter, but it already exists separately.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Cargo Craft
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 10:26:35 am »
You can already transfer items between bases (using invisible abstract cargo crafts).

What do we need cargo craft for?

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 11:55:13 am »
You can already transfer items between bases (using invisible abstract cargo crafts).

What do we need cargo craft for?

It's all about the "canTransferCraftsWhileAirborne" function. Thanks to it, you can move ships from base to base for free and very quickly. This is how the idea of cargo ships appeared to move cargo between bases, saving time and money. And if a regular transfer between bases takes 10 hours to move cargo, then the ship will fly in a few minutes.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 01:24:20 pm »
So we need a cargo craft to basically cheat around base transfers. (IMHO already quite cheap and relatively quick base transfers.)

I'm not fond of this idea.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 02:36:29 pm »
The fact is that he already is. I just needed an option to remove “non-combat” from the list of equipment for landing ships.

In the meantime, I have to use "ignoreInCraftEquip: false" for absolutely all items.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:40:23 pm by Ethereal »