Author Topic: [DONE]Difference in throwing for vanilla 2-handed weapons, compared to OXC.  (Read 1099 times)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior, my search-fu came up empty-handed.

This is about accuracy display as shown in the action menu for the throwing action.
I did not check if throw calculations are affected since it could just as well be an OXCE feature.

I noticed that for two handed weapons the accuracy to throw the weapon itself is influenced by 2-handiness of the weapon.
This differs from openxcom where only the shooting actions are affected by 2-handiness.

To reproduce:
For both OXC end OXCE start a new battle
* Equip a vanilla 2-handed weapon
* Equip any other item in the off-hand.
* Start mission
* Take note of the accuracy display in the action menu
* Go into inventory and drop the offhand item
* Take note of the accuracy display in the action menu.

See attached image for the difference.

P.s. I am aware that the appimage for OXC is a bit older. This should not matter since there have been no changes to the actionmenu part of the code in OXC since that appimage version.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:01:01 pm by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Probably one of my refactors go to far and apply 2h penalty for this action too.
From my perspective it still have sense as is harder to throw big object using only one hand than using both hands.

Is up to Meridian if he like to restore original cost in this case.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Yeah, we could have an endless discussion here about what's more or less realistic (for example I think you can throw farther with two hands, but more accurate with one hand)... but it's quite unnecessary and I don't want to go there. So please no flame-wars in this thread. At the end of the day, it has almost no impact on the gameplay (yes, that's arguable too, just don't).

I will check the code and then discuss with Yankes in a private channel...

In general, I'm in favor of being compatible with OXC.
(so thanks for reporting, definitely continue reporting such things)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Wow that was a quick fix in the codebase.
You guys work fast :)

As for the potential flame-war, it was not my intention to start one. There is something to say to both viewpoints.
While tinkering i observed this behavior, decided to report this since I'm aware how much compatibility means to you (heck ... you even go as far as to describing any differences and why).