Author Topic: OXCE for the RG351P (and other rk3326 based retro handhelds running Linux.  (Read 4649 times)

Offline nl255

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
UPDATE 2 : The recent Amberelec update broke the mouse controls/cursor in Openxcom (and the port of Exult).  Fixed packages have just been added to Portmaster so please update/redownload it if you have that problem.

UPDATE:  OXCE is now built into Portmaster now so ignore the instructions below and just install it via portmaster.  Also note that you should NEVER enable opengl as it will immediately crash on loading if you do (if this happens, you will need to manually edit the .cfg file to disable opengl)

Old post below

I have ported OpenXcom extended to the Anbernic RG351P which is a Linux based retro/emulation handheld gaming system.  Since it uses KMSDRM which is not very well supported by SDL 1.2 (if at all) I used the libsdl12-compat library so that it actually uses SDL2.  Other than that it is a straight port though Options.cpp needed to be modified to change the keyboard shortcuts and make fullscreen mode the default.  Eventually it will be added to PortMaster but until then here is everything necessary (except for UFO/TFTD files, of course) to install it manually.

How to install/run.

1.  Obtain and install the latest PortMaster from here https://github.com/christianhaitian/PortMaster .  This is mandatory as it uses a keyboard/mouse emulator called gptokeyb which comes with PortMaster.
2.  Download the attached zip file and extract it to your ports folder on the SD card (i.e. X:\ports).
3.  Read the README-port.txt file for how to install the game data files, where to copy saves/mods to, and how controls work.

Compiling Info (straight from the readme).

This is a straight port of OpenXcom Extended (https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom), only the default keybindings in Options.cpp has been modified.  It was compiled using the premade virtual machine by Christian_Haitian (https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?p=306185#p306185) and uses sdl12-compat for libSDL-1.2.so.0.  All other libraries were copied as-is from /mnt/data/arm64/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu from the development vm.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:21:40 am by nl255 »

Offline koolcat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
This is so cool!   I'm trying to get it to run on my Rk2020 but not having much luck. Do you think you could help me?

Offline Daedalia

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Great stuff. Plays much better than I thought it would with no touch or mouse input. Installable via Portmaster now too!

Offline nl255

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Great stuff. Plays much better than I thought it would with no touch or mouse input. Installable via Portmaster now too!

I updated the post to reflect that.  Also, never ever enable opengl or it will become unusable (immediate crash back to ES) and you will have to manually edit the .cfg file to disable opengl.  As for keyboard/mouse input that is one of the things gp2keyb is for, emulating a mouse using the l1/r1 buttons and analog stick.  Also, one of the reasons I waited to release it for so long was that I was waiting for text entry mode in gp2keyb to become stable and be fully working so you can rename your troops.

This is so cool!   I'm trying to get it to run on my Rk2020 but not having much luck. Do you think you could help me?

It has been added to portmaster so just install it from there and it should work.

Offline Daedalia

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
As for keyboard/mouse input that is one of the things gp2keyb is for, emulating a mouse using the l1/r1 buttons and analog stick.  Also, one of the reasons I waited to release it for so long was that I was waiting for text entry mode in gp2keyb to become stable and be fully working so you can rename your troops.

I actually prefer it to playing on my phone once I remapped a few of the controls

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
I updated the post to reflect that.  Also, never ever enable opengl or it will become unusable (immediate crash back to ES) and you will have to manually edit the .cfg file to disable opengl.  As for keyboard/mouse input that is one of the things gp2keyb is for, emulating a mouse using the l1/r1 buttons and analog stick.  Also, one of the reasons I waited to release it for so long was that I was waiting for text entry mode in gp2keyb to become stable and be fully working so you can rename your troops.

It has been added to portmaster so just install it from there and it should work.
Bonus points if you map the controls to match the PS1 versions of UFO and TFTD.