Category Archives: Community

Weekend streaming

Well it seems people really like the idea of live streams. πŸ™‚ Well I’ve set some up for this weekend, so you can expect something today and tomorrow night (around 9pm+ GMT) at the Livestream channel. No fixed times as usual, this isn’t professionals we’re working with… but I’ll be sure to update this post and IRC as I get more details.

Update: Sorry guys, didn’t manage to get any streams going. This is why these things are unplanned. I’ll still try to arrange one in the future and keep you posted on any further news.

In the meantime, here’s a feature I’m sure a lot of you have been asking for:

OpenXcom live streams

As we ramp up to release the next version of OpenXcom, nothing is more important than getting rid of all those pesky bugs and crashes that always litter our development. And what better way than to team up with X-Com veterans to play through it live and test it for us?

Watch as Jade Star tries OpenXcom for the first time! Listen as SupSuper and Warboy occasionally commentate and answer audience’s questions with a variety of “yes”, “no” or even “maybe”! Suffer as the game explodes and we get more bugs to fix!

(Part 1 got eaten by Livestream)
Part 3
Part 4

Wanna know when the next stream is gonna be? Well these things are kinda unplanned, but hang around onΒ IRC and you might catch one. Or maybe you’d like to try it yourselves? Just contact us! We’re always happy to hang out with the community. πŸ™‚

X@Com R7: Chryssalids In My Backyard

Today, another interesting X-COM remake project has reached new version. It’s called X@Com and it’s roguelike game. If you haven’t played roguelikes before, maybe it’s good time to start πŸ˜‰ Like many roguelikes, X@Com uses ascii instead of graphics, so that may scare you – but that shouldn’t prevent you from trying it.

Random generated town

Youtube tour: (switch to hd and fullscreen)

R7 Announcement Post

X@Com Project Site

OpenXcom Users Map

Our forum has got new feature – member map. It allows to share your location with other forum members. That way we can see where OpenXcom users are located (maybe your neighbor also loves OpenXcom and you don’t know about that? πŸ˜‰ )

This feature is of course optionally – if you don’t want to share your location (if for example you’re afraid of being abducted by aliens) you don’t have too. Also, this feature is only accessible for registered users.