Oh yes, fully playable 0.9 is officially here! Spread the word! Tell your friends! Get rid of all your old versions and saves, this one is gonna top them all! If you’ve been using the Git builds, then changing the save version to “0.9” should still work.
Currently only Windows downloads are available, other platforms/versions will follow, in the meantime you can build from the source. Here’s the full changelog:
- Intro cinematic.
- Game can now be completed, game over screens for winning and losing.
- Randomizer for “New Battle” mode.
- Your settings in “New Battle” mode will be saved for next time you play.
- New translations: Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish (Latin American), Danish.
- New soldier names: Italian, Hungarian.
- Aliens progress their equipment levels, races and aggression over time.
- Added “Alien Weapon Level” button in New Battle menu.
- Added “Right Click to Delete” function in save/load menus.
- Added various display filters to the game, including HQX and various OpenGL shaders.*
- The game can be dynamically resized to a new display resolution when in windowed mode.*
- The default windowed mode position can now be edited in the configuration file.*
- Modular Ruleset support.
- Added “Controls” menu.
- Added “Advanced Options” menu.
- Added button to Restore Defaults to options.
- Pause Game on Loss of Focus.**
- Live alien capture and interrogation.
- Psionic training.
- Hyper-wave decoding.
- Alien base handling.
- Scoring for both aliens and Xcom.
- Funding nation decision making.
- Multiple dogfight handling.
- Graphs screen.
- Base Defense screens.
- Full research tree.
- Alien UFO Mission Generation.
- Alien retaliatory attacks on Xcom bases.
- Show radar-range lines on the globe after pressing R key.
- Show funds above the time.*
- Added the number of soldiers allocated on craft equipment screen.
- Custom initial base layout.* (requires a new game to take effect)
- Building Queue: Can place buildings next to uncompleted buildings.*
- AutoSell Production state for a manufacturing project by a right click on the increase button.*
- Allowed multiple items to be produced per hour when very large numbers of engineers are assigned to a project.*
- Upper limit for alien captures per containment facility.* (visible on Base Info screen)
- Captive aliens can now be sold in the same manner as dead aliens.*
- Can transfer crafts while airborne.*
- Increase/decrease buttons now respond to mouse wheel scrolling when the cursor is above them.*
- Allocate Scientists and Allocate Engineers screens now respond to mouse wheel scrolling.+
- Debug mode now enables drawing of country and region borders.
- Battlescape melee unit AI.
- Unit conversion for chryssalids and zombies.
- All missing units implemented, both alien units and xcom tanks.
- All missing items implemented.
- Psionic attacks implemented.
- Units dual wielding single handed weapons is now represented on the battlescape.
- The game now dynamically replaces sprite colours in order to represent soldier ethnicity and hair colour.
- Equipment loadout saving.
- Show more stats in inventory view.*
- Proper A* pathfinding.
- Battlescape RMB scrolling changed to MMB, renamed to Drag-Scroll, improved.
- Landing Ufos/Ground Assault missions.
- Ruleset support for multiple-stage missions.
- Certain units now “Yell” when engaging another unit.
- Enemy unit stats and armour are now affected by difficulty.
- Grenade explosions now properly credit the previous owner of the grenade with the kill when a unit dies.
- Units can now “fall” off edges by walking off the side of a roof or platform, and other gravity-related features are implemented.
- The game now centres on the active soldier when the player closes the inventory screen.
- Reapers can now reaction-attack soldiers that move into a tile adjacent to them.
- Aliens will attempt to avoid areas where other aliens have died, except in base defense missions.
- Various AI improvements.
- Debug mode now has tile colourisation to represent AI evaluations.
- Debug mode now has a time-slowing feature, which can be used for graphical or voxel debugging.
- Alien Bases can now be neutralized by destroying the control room.
- Mission can be won by mind-controlling all remaining units.*
* These features are disabled by default but can be enabled in the advanced options menu or by editing your configuration file.
+ These features are enabled by default but can be disabled in the advanced options menu or by editing your configuration file.
** These features can be altered by editing your configuration file.
- Updated translations.
- Added support for more Unicode letters.
- Fix for extra mouse buttons.
- Various cursor
- related bugfixes/improvements.
- Support for Haiku folder paths.
- Fix for 8 KHz WAV file (in SAMPLEx.CAT) playing.
- Fixed various memory leaks.
- Fix for a crash bug involving an edge case where several craft were sent to intercept a single UFO.
- Adjusted the length of the date column on the saved game screen to allow room for translated text.
- Research consumes items properly.
- If necessary, craft will now always rearm after refuelling.
- Fixed error in great circle calculation.
- It is no longer possible to assign armour to a soldier while they’re away from the base.
- Up/down buttons now need to be held for a quarter-second before they increment by more than one.
- Items are no longer removed from stores when they are researched.
- Cut off input to dogfight screens when your craft is destroyed or the UFO decides to disengage.
- “New research available” popups should now only display the first time you research a technology that will unlock a new branch of research.
- Fixed: Can’t dismantle ANY facility if some of the attributes is overflowed!
- Fixed: Busy people weren’t getting paychecks
- Fixed radar detection calculation.
- Battlescape buttons are now unavailable during alien turn.
- Fixed bug in map generator regarding nodes outside the map.
- Improved map generation of alien base assualt missions.
- The player no longer reveals the tile an alien is standing on when they detect an alien on an unrevealed tile.
- The camera resets after non-reaction shots.
- Camera now correctly centers on explosions, and properly detects explosion visibility.
- Projectiles are now visible when they fly above an unrevealed tile.
- Fixed various display bugs with projectiles.
- UFO walls can no longer be seen through from certain angles.
- Reaper Corpse tiles now arranged correctly.
- Doors should no longer close on top of large units.
- Players can now recover large unit corpses if the northwest piece is intact, as per the original game.
- Units on stairs will now correctly reveal tiles on the level above.
- Opening doors now uses time units correctly.
- Fixed strange spawn behaviour.
- Undiscovered aliens are no longer factored into pathfinding.
- Applying stun damage to unconscious units increasing the time they will remain unconscious.
- Stun damage should no longer damage items.
- When units are auto-equipped for battle they will now assign as many items to their belt slots as will fit instead of stopping after 1.
- Motion scanners now detect motion on all different levels in addition to the level of the scanning soldier.
- Various bugfixes for large units.
- Various psi-related bugfixes.
- Various clipping issues fixed.
- Various pathfinding bugfixes/improvements.
- Various sound-related fixes.
- Ethereals can now fly as intended. You have been warned.
- Added some more robust behaviour around what happens when a unit is forced into an occupied tile.
- Fixed a bug where items with unlimited ammo would weigh twice as much as they should.
Thanks for this. Every few years I save the earth a few hundred times. I have one game that I refuse to end. (The end is a let down)Any plans to make the quick battle mode more adjustable? (PSI ability big on my list)
They should add some sort of Vs so 2 people can play agenst echother or more options,
custom setting to mess around with.
How fast the aliens are how many time units Health points Stamina the Arresive ness or how sneaky they can be.
HI! i have broblem with scorlling too, its smooth but wont always react , so it may take second try to scroll up or down or right or left 🙁
The game as it is has a bug in it that the original does not. Namely, that your soldiers never fire at aliens on their turns. That is, f you have enough TU for them to take a shot as an alien walks by, they sit there and do nothing.
same here………. the game crashes when you kill the black and scary _CHRYSSALID_ ………. hhhmmm……. so my Xcom1Ruleset.rul is correct then??????? ……… i did mess around a lot in Xcom1Ruleset.rul
OMG WTF ??????? WTF did just happen in the game………. i mean i actually just killed the black and scary _CHRYSSALID_ with STR_TANK_ROCKET_LAUNCHER and STR_HWP_ROCKETS …… lol and WTF ……. and then another black and scary _CHRYSSALID_ just walks a little bit in front of STR_HOVERTANK_PLASMA and STR_HOVERTANK_PLASMA just shots in _CHRYSSALID_ by itself and then _CHRYSSALID_ dies and game crashes again…….
so does this mean that game crashes when you try to kill black and scary _CHRYSSALID_ with some diffrent weapon????? ……. ok ill try this once more………. OK AND ONE MORE TIME CHECK……. lol……. OK THATS THE CD….. NOW WELL PLAY SOME VINYL…… lol ……. YEP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN…. I THINK THAT VINYL SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE CD…… lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5dCMz4gKLI …….
OMG……. so its true……. i just killed a 5 or 7 black and scary _CHRYSSALID_s with STR_TANK_ROCKET_LAUNCHER and STR_HWP_ROCKETS ……. and then AGAIN …… when killing the _CHRYSSALID_ with STR_HOVERTANK_PLASMA the game crashes…… so i think that its a BUG that need to be FIXED …… so please fix it as soon as possible……
ok another word for invisible _CHRYSSALID_s ………. yes in that area there is no _CHRYSSALID_s at all right now……. i circled the whole area a few times with STR_HOVERTANK_PLASMA that has a tu: 777777777 health: 777777777 bravery: 777777777 reactions: 777777777 and so on…….. but when aliens turn comes up……… then in that area there are some 2 or 3 _CHRYSSALID_s spawning from NOWHERE ……. so i think that its another bug…….
ok you guys……… another BUG probably……. http://s0.uploads.ru/DOvse.png …… when attacking an alien base in the middle of ANTARCTICA…….. so should be fixed…….
Wow.. great work here. It’s really coming along just as I think x-com is nearly over with the new release and all.. and bam! open’s done it again!
Good to see the game progressing even further. I’ll take this over the new x-com anyday!
on battlescape when i go to hit an arrow key the screen keeps rotating and i cant stop it…….
Pingback: This hasn't been shared enough « Biker|Geek
support this for ever from Chinese players.
Просто какими ресурсами пользуетесь, с приложениями для андроид бесплатно.
Pingback: It’s finally here, version 0.9! | OpenXcom
I will never forget the feeling when I landed with a squad the very first time on my very first mission. The music was so great and tense.
Thx for keeping the game alive.